Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6187055 times)

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4950 on: November 30, 2012, 03:19:25 am »
Getting organised for the Christmas tree going up after school, ds7 couldn't sit still this morning he was so excited, this is the best time of year;D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4951 on: November 30, 2012, 03:23:36 am »
good luck with the party tomorrow Hally, it was a great idea to buy the food, as you say the kids won't know if it's home made and i find it's always hit and miss if they actually eat it all after all the work.

It's great that your DH has been able to come across and at least find out for himself exactly what is going on, there is always so much miscommunication when things are so emotional. Hoping for good news for you.

Watch your shoulder cleaning the yard - maybe wait until CP gets home and he can give you a hand.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: November 30, 2012, 03:40:26 am »
Yes, we normally have so much left over that I am giving it away.

Havent started the garden yet, nearly finushed the kitchen, living & dining areas, prob about another 30 mins.

Need to ice the cup cakes, even tempted to sprinkle with icing sugar & stick my flags in.

Update :)
Kitchen done :) balloons picked up :)

So must the cup cakes & tidy uo outside.

DH trying to buy another pop up tent after work.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:21:44 am by Halex »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: November 30, 2012, 05:25:56 am »
Hally the boys won't have clue where the food came from, and they won't notice the garden. They will probably still swim even if it is cool. Make them hot milo to warm up.

I know what you mean with Europeans and cancer. My FIL had stomach cancer and told absolutely no one. The day he was operated on DH rang the surgeon to ask what the op was for. :-\
MIL had an absolute fit when I told her I had just had a melanoma removed (5 years ago) and was planning my funeral there and then. Your MIL news doesn't sound good, but I wish your DH all the best going over. At least he will be able to see for himself and posssibly speak to the doctors involved.
Much love to you both.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: November 30, 2012, 06:35:20 am »
Thanks cookie, yes your right they arent going to care bout the leaves on the grassetc. the pool is heated & i will clean that in the morning, the hot spa will be  at around 35 degrees, maybe slightly less. They will eat any food, they are boys ;D

Yes i dont think its too good at all, poor dh will be there with the 3 sisters all talking all over each other etc. to be honest glad we are not going, probably after xmas if she is still here. The worst thing is, we really dont know as the emails  come back & forth, the last one, was information overload, thats all we were told.

:)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: November 30, 2012, 11:43:40 am »
Oh Hally, do take care.
Sounds like CP will have a great party tomorrow. The boys will demolish the food and have heaps of fun with the water balloons and guns.
So sorry to hear about your MIL's cancer
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: November 30, 2012, 12:06:10 pm »
Please take care Hally.Hugs from me too :-* :-* :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: November 30, 2012, 12:46:55 pm »
Life is certainly a bit up and down for you at the moment Hally.  It's hard to be on top of things after receiving MIL's news but I hope the party goes off well for CP and you get some help cleaning up afterwards so that you don't have another set back.  Food sounds good to me, I'm sure boys that age will eat anything and not complain.

I had to take DH to the hospital today for his bowel problems to be investigated and after making sure he was comfortable I came home and started preparation for my Mum's 90th lunch here tomorrow - minus DH. Timing impeccable once again, it seems every time I organise something (which isn't very often), a spanner gets thrown into the works. If the hospital had rung and told me a bed was available tomorrow and not today, I would have had to postpone Mum's birthday so in that regard, things worked out a little better than usual. Only my DD and her family coming so I breezed through everything tonight and only a couple of things to do in the morning.  Katie lent me her decorating tools and I can't wait to assemble the birthday cake and take a photo in the morning.  I left the decorating to last as I was terrified of starting it but with the right tips, it was quite easy.  Nothing like a maddy creation but hey my name's Judy and for me, I thought it looked OK.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4958 on: November 30, 2012, 01:38:21 pm »
Wishing your mum a very happy birthday for tomorrow Judy and looking forward to your photos, it's a pity DH is going to miss out , hopefully the tests being done have a favourable result  xxx

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: November 30, 2012, 03:12:39 pm »
CP should have a fantastic day Im sure H. Don't cook too much, and remember to relax and have a laugh with the kids. Stand back and don't make the time too structured, and they will have a ball making up their own fun. I'm sure you will have plenty of food knowing you, and no one will go home hungry.  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: November 30, 2012, 10:11:38 pm »
I'm sure the cake looks wonderful Judy. And doesn't have to look like a masterpiece to taste yummy anyway! ;D I hope you all have a fabulous time :)

Hally, I hope you have fun with CP today too, despite the news about your MIL. Best wishes to all of you :-*

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: November 30, 2012, 10:26:04 pm »
Oh Hally - I'm just catching up on this . . . I'm so sorry to hear of your MIL's illness.  You and your family in thoughts and prayers.  One step and one day at a time.  I know your son's birthday will be one to remember! Just try to put everything else out of your mind for the day and really enjoy cp's special day!!  You're a really special mum !

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: November 30, 2012, 10:37:57 pm »
Oh hally so sorry to hear your news.. Its alwys bad whenthe announcement is made.. With my mil we were told no hope etc then she was on different truals and had an op to remove a very large tumour attached to her pancreas but the cancer had spread.. She was in and out of hospital but survived for 5 years.. Bone cancer is never great... We were grateful to have five years and glad she got to see dd too.. Her first and only grand daughter... Its always heart renching... We are still a far cry from getting over her passing in jan..big hugs to you ds and dh and his family... Sad times :(

Please take care of your back.... Sometimes you just have to let go .. This year for ds bday for the first time ever i bought all shop made.. Just too much going on around for me to e cooking.. The kids still ate everything.. Like you said boys..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: November 30, 2012, 10:57:44 pm »
Sorry to hear your news Hally,  Big Hug  :-*
Please take care of yourself also.

Marie

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: December 01, 2012, 12:44:32 am »
Thank you everyone.

CP so excited, driving us mad. Just decorating ths outside area while dh ceans up. I bought loads of Avengers stuff in Hawaii  so The table A& area we are setting up the food is going to look great. Shame I coukdnt get avengers balloons here but biught te colours & a big Happy Birthday Foil one.

We are starting off with soccer, we have 2 goals,, then they can use the water bomb catapults or the big water guns (super soakers), swim & have a hot spa, food, birthday cake, fhe cookies n cream ice cream in waffe cones, ren they can stay as long as tey like, i have food & wi e for the parents, & their party bag is smiggle stuff.

Another year over, doesnt seem a year ago I did the scooby doo cake.

The cakes this year are terrible, so much pain I couldnt pipe, its just a mess, thought about buying one, but thought no they taste great & the flags are cute, have 6 hulks, 6 captain america, 6 thors & 6 ironmans.

:)