Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6188011 times)

Offline arcadia

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11730 on: December 06, 2013, 01:01:35 am »
Have just finished cutting up the 16 chooks and have some brown rice in TM to make a salad and then will make some strawberry cheesecake muffins.

Politely told DH I was not working outside today, as I needed an inside day, so he checked the water in the chopper which normally takes me about 3.5hrs of driving, took him half an hour.

Had a lovely night at the school concert last night, all the kids did a wonderful job.  Their is only 5 of them, 2 in prep, 2 in yr1 and 1 in yr 3.  Santa paid a visit which they all loved.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: December 06, 2013, 05:11:59 am »
Obviously you live on a property arcadia.  Gee, I'd be getting DH to check the water levels in the chopper more often if he can save you that much time!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: December 06, 2013, 07:45:29 am »
It must be a big property Arcadia. Are you willing to share where it is? I doubt we would all be dropping in on you.
Was the 3½ hour drive one way or return?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline arcadia

• View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: December 06, 2013, 08:11:05 am »
I live in Central Qld, one of the bigger places in this area, we are sort of near the Carnarvon Gorge.  We have about 45000 acreas all cattle, got out of farming about 6 years ago.  Cookie that is completely checking the water at 2 of the blocks.  Need to do it twice a week as all of the pumps are solar, so need either turning on or off depending on the level of water in the tanks.

We have a great community for being in the middle of nowhere and have the 50yr celebration since the first ballot blocks where drawn, expecting around 200 people to return tomorrow, hence the large cookup.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: December 06, 2013, 08:36:21 am »
Wow Arcadia thanks For sharing. You certainly have an interesting life. I am sure if anyone here got within cooee of you we could get a cup of tea and perhaps a biscuit!  How wonderful to have a 50th celebration.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: December 06, 2013, 08:50:33 am »
Whoa...45000 acres!! I guess you are the centre of the universe for your middle of nowhere, Arcadia :) You sure are cooking up a storm there :D

My boring suburbia life threw me a mini whopper today. Went in to dentist cos a filling in back tooth popped out. Was told to do a crowning tomorrow :(

2 needles and $1,200!!!

:( :(

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: December 06, 2013, 09:21:36 am »
Thanks for telling us about your place arcadia, have a great time tomorrow with all those visitors.  Are they going to be on your property or are you celebrating in the nearest town?  Hopefully they all bring a plate ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: December 06, 2013, 09:32:07 am »
Now I get where your name comes from Arcadia.

What a place. What is your water situation. Well when you  have time. Know you are very busy.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: December 06, 2013, 10:12:59 am »
Blimey Arcadia 45000 acres :o :o I've Googled Earth the name of Carnarvon Gorge and had a look on the satellite picture.It looks remote.
Enjoy your celebrations tomorrow :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: December 06, 2013, 11:10:37 am »
Thanks Arcadia. Like everyone else I baulked at 45000 acres. Our family farm was 4000. When we drove to Birdsville I was surprised at all the cattle out there and the good condition they were in. I know where Carnarvon Gorge is, so thanks.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: December 06, 2013, 08:03:36 pm »
Wow Arcadia, sounds amazing. Have fun at the celebrations.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: December 06, 2013, 08:20:31 pm »

Arcadia - that's some back yard you have to play in!!!!!  What an incredible life!!   Congratulations on the 50th celebration and I hope you all have a fantastic time getting together like that!!

Just crossed my mind that I can't even keep a rooster in my backyard out of respect for my neighbours - three of whom are within metres  (and council regulations notwithstanding of course :-)))  Bet you don't have that problem! ;D ;D ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: December 06, 2013, 09:47:53 pm »
Arcadia, i would love 450000 acres to play with.

should be happy that we have a couple of acres.
have a great weekend.

me, about to start cooking. 5 kids this weekend.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline arcadia

• View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: December 06, 2013, 10:54:15 pm »
Thanks everyone, I love where I live although I was born and raised on the land. 

Gert I am guessing you know the area fairly well, you are right it is an unique area with no underground water.  We are terribly lucky with our main block with having a natural flowing spring in the range only 6km from the house and also have a bore on the main road which is only about 8km to our main turkeys nest, which waters the rest on the main block.

No Judy the celebrations are taking place at the local school/community hall.  Our nearest town is 100km away, if you would call it that.  To go shopping I have to drive 200km one way.

Cookie the Carnarvon Gorge is where we go to go out to dinner, we get locals discount even though we are about an hour away.  Pays to now the owners and chef and they also do a great meal.

Best be off, celebrations to attend.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: December 06, 2013, 11:01:18 pm »
Arcadia, wow what an interesting & different ,ife you kead :)

BZB, Dentist, I fell your pain, this tear alone I think I have funded all my dentists holidays.

Took cp, and a friend to the pantomine last night, snow white, it was really good. Minecraft Party this afternoon. I have hired Game Vault.

HHW :)
Mum to Crown Prince......