Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6189193 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10590 on: September 07, 2013, 10:39:09 pm »
Well done ES, many congrats.
Way to go Gert.

Cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and took down plastic in hall so can get to the kitchen without going outside now. More mess on Monday as electrics go in kitchen, and more plastering, and door frames and doors go on. Hopefully  we re over the worst mess. Washed four very large dust sheets and will put back on stuff to protect tomorrow. Theworstdust is done now with 3 walls down and a new doorway put in. Loading the dishwasher by torchlight tonight, out to lunch tomorrow. A very good Sunday roast 1.5 m away for £7.95 each. DH lifting potatoes and onions tomorrow, tonight he laid a levelling scree where the Aga used to be. Still waiting for kitchen quotes.

Now have tied approx  40m of cord together for dog walking, he gets to run free, but HAS to come back when called and can't get to the sheep. This last week has unsettled him somewhat as he can't be with us as much till we get the kitchen back. Our field is better for walking in than the one up the road, so I decided to try this. So far it's ok. Means he gets more runs too. He does run around a lot in the garden as well. He is challenging but I am very determined to do a good job. What is  it they say about never working with animals.....  ;D

Hoping for a tad more rain so I Can put bulbs in, the grass verge is a bit too dry at the moment.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: September 07, 2013, 10:45:43 pm »
Jess, it sounds like you have done so much.

Glad the kitchen is nearly done.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: September 07, 2013, 10:55:53 pm »
LOL Robyn..... Nearly done no!
 Nearly empty yes. Only dishwasher, fridge and sink left.
HOpe to get new sink in b4 old one comes out.
Still haven't sourced new kitchen yet, awaiting prices.......
Getting builders hands! Despite lots of cream!

But doing ok, won't be so good from next week when DS and DD back for good with contents of her one bed flat We have two bedroom floors up above the kitchen and then have to vacate our room on weds for a hatch to be cut in the ceiling...... Not sure where we and DS will sleep.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: September 08, 2013, 12:16:39 am »
Sounds like you are having fun DJ!!!!

Beezeebee you DS was charming.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: September 08, 2013, 01:11:48 am »
Gert, i agree with the others,that outfit is a winner. They will be flying you around the country for other parades. You definetly have the stance.
DJ, you must be getting so fit.  The hands will come back. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.  Glad you have wifi so we can keep up to date.
ES, how exciting going into extra time. Good luck for next week. ( i love having been to Adelaide recently i can visualise it all so well, thanks again for driving us around and pointing out everything)
BZB, well done to your DS again.
Denise

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: September 08, 2013, 01:37:56 am »
Gert Love the outfit..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: September 08, 2013, 01:47:18 am »
DJ you are powering ahead with your preparations.  Will the kids bog in and help once they move back, many hands make light work they say  ;)  Great to hear how things are going.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: September 08, 2013, 04:22:39 am »
Busy week, had my work trip Thursday & Friday which was a lot of fun but also a bit hectic with no free time and a BIG night Thursday night. So glad I went, great way to get to know my new colleagues. Kids coped well while I was away and my friends enjoyed playing at being parents for a while! DD10 came 2nd in high jump at the district sports carnival while I was away, she now advances to division level - not bad for a kid who's never done any athletics before! Good thing she's got her father's looooong legs.
Catching up on housework on the weekend, dog walking, voted, kids swimming lessons, nothing out of the ordinary. Heading over to friends' house soon for a catch up.
Gert, I can see you've been paying attention to Uni's "model pose" tips! Looking goooood my friend!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: September 08, 2013, 04:29:52 am »
Glad it all went well for you Deb, nice start to a new job.  Now, do your friends plan to go ahead and have any children or was the weekend enough to put them off forever  :D :D  It's like a trial before you buy deal isn't it?  Congratulations to DD, yes long legs are an essential asset in that sport.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: September 08, 2013, 04:52:18 am »
Goods one Deedub. Worked out well all around.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #10600 on: September 08, 2013, 07:44:09 am »
Sounds good Deedub  :)
Love love love highjump!! Was in the finals at primary school....but I certainly don't have long legs!!  ;D  I clearly remember one boy in my class saying it was impossible to do highjump when the bar was above your standing head height, so I made it my business to achieve just that!!! (admittedly my height was not as great as most others ;) ) & I succeeded !
Wouldn't be able to do it now tho  :-\
:D

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #10601 on: September 08, 2013, 08:12:53 am »
Gert you should have made a career out of modelling as you are a natural. Love the outfit and orange suits you   ;)
Glad you had a good time Deedub and hope the new job is going well. :)
DJ sounds like things are going well and moving quickly. So pleased for you. :)
ES and BZB congratulations on your DS's achievements. They have done you both proud  ;)

Sorry if I have missed anything but not much forum time for me while travelling.
We are in Florence now and about to go out and explore.  :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:16:42 am by Mama Fergie »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10602 on: September 08, 2013, 10:12:25 am »
Gert you look Gertalicious. Really lovely.
BZB your son is talented.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #10603 on: September 08, 2013, 09:19:59 pm »
Had a wonderful day in Florence and a fabulous dining experience on the recommendation of my DS who spent some time here.
Going to bed soon as early start tomorrow going to Venice via Bologna.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10604 on: September 08, 2013, 09:40:26 pm »
Have fun mama Fergie, my Mum loves Venice..

[/url