Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6158705 times)

mcmich

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12750 on: January 22, 2014, 08:56:12 am »
O-Oh Mich cut up some onion and get him to slip on a snug pair of socs with onion inside. The onion absorbs the toxins and he should feel fine in no time. (Just read that on Facebook  :D but I would give it a go just to see if it works)

Will give it a go CP. DH does love his socks, so think he would be in anything that involves them.  ;D

DH won't be in it - says he doesn't believe in such stuff  ??? His loss - my sympathy for him is wanning.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #12751 on: January 22, 2014, 11:35:29 am »
Hope DH feels better soon Mich  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12752 on: January 22, 2014, 11:37:25 am »
I hope the onion socks work for Don. A summer cold is awful. It just doesn't feel right.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12753 on: January 22, 2014, 11:44:54 am »
Give him a day or 2 Michele and he might come around to the onion trick ;)  In the meantime I hope he really isn't too bad.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12754 on: January 22, 2014, 12:44:26 pm »
O-Oh Mich cut up some onion and get him to slip on a snug pair of socs with onion inside. The onion absorbs the toxins and he should feel fine in no time. (Just read that on Facebook  :D but I would give it a go just to see if it works)

Very interesting pics DJ - those sheep look lovely, and sort of resemble goats.

When we were on holiday in the UK a few years ago my DH had a really horrible bout of gout.  My cousins had DH  sitting with his feet in bags af cut onions.  We thought they had pulled his leg.  Certainly didnt help gout.  Better luck with the cold.
Denise

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12755 on: January 22, 2014, 01:01:05 pm »
Congratulations Wonder sounds like a terrific weekend. 
A delayed response, sorry not getting on as often as i would like at the moment but...
I  have been doing the conditioner and the nit comb and feel we are getting on top of the situation. Found about 10 yesterday. Only trouble is he is going to grandmas for 4 nights over the weekend ( i know, doesnt sound like too much trouble to me either..sleep ins,yay!) but will need to get on to it again.
Thanks for the empathy and the white vinegar tip sounds easy and worthwhile.  Always use it as a rinse in my washing so have plenty in the house.
Denise

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #12756 on: January 22, 2014, 03:03:44 pm »
Not to mention Little House on the Prairie. My daughter loved those books. I loved the series with Michael Langdon, Melissa Sue Anderson (my daughter Melissa-Anne was named after her) and Melissa Gilbert. Also, Love Comes Softly Series is a nice journey back to pioneer American Days.  :D Think I was born in the wrong generation or maybe not - wouldn't want to be without my TMX.  :D

One of my favourite tv shows too, Mich. Loved watching the 2 girls, especially Laura who was so spunky. Got very annoyed with Nelly and her brother.

Your DD has a very pretty name :)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #12757 on: January 24, 2014, 10:17:49 pm »
I hope all you folks in Aussie are all set for a nice long weekend. 
We have just a little longer to wait for our equivalent holiday - Waitangi Day on Feb 6th, which this year is in the middle of the first week of school. 

Having a pretty boring weekend here.  In fact, can hardly tell it's the weekend.  DH is working today, and then he's off for a bike ride tomorrow, so it's me and the kids at home like any other day!  We've been out to a friend's house to feed the cat while they are away, and might head out later for a walk to the library just to keep the kids entertained. 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12758 on: January 24, 2014, 10:37:50 pm »
Miss 12 finished VacSwim yesterday by passing not 1, but 2 stages! So her next stage is Bronze Star. She's chuffed! (and yes...we are proud!)

I'm packing car and float and off horsing for the weekend. I have not ridden in ... err... at least 2 months, so I have also put in some "bush candy" (nurofen) for me and bute (horse nurofen)  for my spotty horse. I think we both might need it when we've finished playing with cows.

Have a great long weekend everyone.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12759 on: January 24, 2014, 10:42:13 pm »
Gosh, that's a long time for a horse lover like yourself not to go riding Nikkit, have a great weekend.

Congratulations Miss 12, she has every right to be proud of herself.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12760 on: January 25, 2014, 12:17:37 am »
Yup, you are right Judy, and I am going to suffer for the rest of the week. But the temps have not been pleasant and I'm a big girl when it comes to riding in the heat!
In my defence we have been to the beach a lot this summer and the spotty horse is very fit, me on the other hand... :-\

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12761 on: January 25, 2014, 03:30:43 am »
sounds fun Nikkit.

Jo, i am loving a 3 day weekend of cooking.
Enjoy the time with the girls.

for nits, they say white cheap conditioner is best to use, as you can see them better.
i make my own nit treatment with e oils all the time. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12762 on: January 25, 2014, 11:35:12 am »
Nikkit, I hope you and Spotty horse have a good weekend and sort out those cows.

DD sounds as though she is a great swimmer, well done.

DD and I went to see David Sefaris at the Concert Hall last night. We were in fits all night. I have only read one of his books but will read the rest now. He signed books before the show and was signing after as well. We waited in line for about an hour and he would have been there for at least another hour.  He chats at length to each person. Quite a few of the funny bits of his stories went over the head of some of the audience. I had tears running down my face from laughing so much.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12763 on: January 25, 2014, 08:20:04 pm »
Oh cookie I would have loved to have been there with you. He is  a great humorist.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12764 on: January 25, 2014, 10:36:14 pm »
Mowing the lawn, cooking, cleaning up, all ready for school next week.

Can't wait for Tuesday.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url