Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9077963 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #2970 on: April 03, 2010, 08:18:53 am »
Versaceyoyo, don't let her take any of those peppermint drops to school - they might end up out the front of class during show and tell   ??? ???
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #2971 on: April 03, 2010, 08:30:08 am »
Yesterday I made some Moroccan bread rolls and today I am making Pauls Pide from early in the bread thread. (I'd love to make that a link - your wish is my command  :-* :-* :-* )
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:41:46 am by Thermomixer »
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: April 03, 2010, 01:23:01 pm »
Made some Hot Cross Buns (from Chookie's blog) some of Isi's cherry muffins and pizza bases for dinner and used the sauce from the Varoma meatballs as pizza sauce. Tomorrow I hope to impress a friend who is dropping around. I intend to give her fresh OJ from the TMX, the above things and then to finish things off either the banana/macadamia icecream or Strawberry foam. She doesn't like cooking and her DH is a steak and vegies man so we'll see what happens. The would only come for morning tea!!!
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: April 04, 2010, 04:15:21 am »
 :) hi, i am going to make some bread rolls, vege stock concentrate, a cake, more dips for tonight, and a meatloaf,

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: April 04, 2010, 06:18:30 am »
I made thermomixer's kedgeree using sour cream and butter. Didn't have any cream. Twas lovely for brekkie.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: April 04, 2010, 08:37:02 am »
OJ for guests and then a banana/macadamia icecream to try and impress.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: April 04, 2010, 09:14:12 am »
My side of the family for lunch today and it was ditto to what I served DH's side on Good Friday with the addition of the dukkah. SIL very impressed, even more impressed when I told him everything on the table had been cooked or prepared in the TMX. They both saw me cooking the spaghetti in it and seemed surprised.  DH remarks to his DW (my DD) maybe you should use your TMX a bit more.  Reply was 'I use it for chilli con carne on Friday nights'.  Then she reminisced how I was very hesitant to use mine when I first got it and she had been worried that she had talked me into wasting all that money.  Now look at me go  ;D ;D ;D ;D  All her doubts have now flown out the window.  I just wish she would use hers more  :'( :'( :'(

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: April 04, 2010, 09:31:12 am »
Very clever to serve the same thing twice. Saves a lot of work.

Gretch

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline lucyloo

• View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: April 04, 2010, 11:35:24 am »
Well I had a day out of town fri and it was the first day since i got tmx that it wasnt used..
Made up for it today with..  choc banana smoothie (frozen bananas coca and milk) chicken cashew for dh and mushroom risotto for me (lots of leftovers for the week!) and ready to make strawberry sorbet...  how i love my tmx

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: April 04, 2010, 01:19:06 pm »
Very clever to serve the same thing twice. Saves a lot of work.

Gretch

Too right Gretchen.  Mind you, DH is still wondering where all the spring rolls went (he's too slow) so I will have to make
another batch and this time make sure I write down the conversion so that I can post it. I wrote bits and pieces down but when I went to decipher it, I wasn't sure of a few facts as I had had a few sleeps inbetween :P :P

Offline Catisa

• View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: April 05, 2010, 11:06:15 am »
Today I made 2 batches of hot cross buns, hot chocolate with milo and coffee in the TMX for my sister and her hubby. Soon I will be making some more veg stock.

I am trying to convince my BIL to purchase a TMX, so I have told him I will make a new thing every time he comes over lol. He's into his health and a nurse, so it shouldn't be to hard lol :)
Michelle
Sarcasm is just 1 of the services I offer ;-)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2981 on: April 06, 2010, 02:47:45 am »
Lots of great things being cooked.

Amanda, how was the pide ?  I have posted a link.  If you go back and review it then it would help to bring it to others' attention.  :-* :-*
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:53:43 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #2982 on: April 06, 2010, 02:56:23 am »
Lots of great things being cooked.

Amanda, how was the pide ?  I have posted a link.  If you go back and review it then it would help to bring it to others' attention.  :-* :-*

Sorry - I did mean to do that!!
And thanks for the link!
Whatever happened to Paul???  He was quite active for a while and now seems to be among the missing! ???
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: April 06, 2010, 04:14:02 am »
We had a double baked Goat's Cheese Souffle last night with lots of help from the TMX. I don't think I would have bothered without it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2984 on: April 06, 2010, 08:27:23 am »
Had some fun today,  I converted a sour dough recipe to instant yeast.     Needs a bit more work ,  but quite nice.   It has 90g. oats, 90g. whole wheat that I milled,  and 300g white bakers flour,   3teasp. yeast and 300 warm water.  Then made Bess's tomato sauce.   I have been making !k. at a time,  as people give me their toms. that they have over.         Then made a batch of Indian Patties,  these are so handy when someone calls in for lunch.  I freeze the excess,  and reheat in frying pan,  no oil.   Then made pizza bases and some bread rolls.   I wanted to try some of the fancy knotting that the very clever ladies have been posting. Thank you.  I need to keep trying as they aren't as professional as the nice looking ones on the Forum.   JD would like the recipe for The Queen of Puddings,  it uses breadcrumbs.   I have had a look at it and it might be a bit tricky,  however now Easter is over I will have a go.