Author Topic: Hi from the Outback  (Read 6469 times)

Offline Bree

• View Profile
Re: Hi from the Outback
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 08:32:11 am »
It could be but its fairly cool so far, the only heat we had was over christmas, atm its 30ish and thunderstorms/rain and humid so its not too bad and they get shade. Hubby has just done a sprinkler up on the retic till he can do something more permanent. Water is the key thing I think. Its taken almost 5 years and 1 bub to get this far, glad it has, now number 2.

Has anyone tried a vege pasta yet, wondering what it would be like.
Mum of 1 and loving the thermy fun.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 09:04:34 am »
Hi Bree  :D glad you are on here. Try quirky cooking for gluten free pasta. I am sure she blogged a buckwheat pasta recently. Also check out 2brothersfoods.com.au. They deliver anywhere in WA up to I think 14kg for a flat rate of postage 4.95 I think it is!!!
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 11:21:42 am »
If you find/develop a good gluten free pasta dough, please let us know. I haven't been brave enough to try one yet in the TM as I find I just rely on the commercial brands available. Casalare pasta do a particularly good gluten free pasta range and they also have an online shop- they also do flour mixes etc. Otherwise, the gluten free range from San Remo isnt bad either, especially their spiral pasta which my non Coeliac children gobble up and I find tastes very similar to what I have been used to in the past. I categorically refuse to cook separate meals for myself and the rest of the family, so when it comes to pasta dishes, they eat my pasta or else!!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

mcmich

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 02:08:29 pm »
Welcome Bree, enjoy the thermomix.

Offline Bree

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 07:56:38 am »
Hi Bree  :D glad you are on here. Try quirky cooking for gluten free pasta. I am sure she blogged a buckwheat pasta recently. Also check out 2brothersfoods.com.au. They deliver anywhere in WA up to I think 14kg for a flat rate of postage 4.95 I think it is!!!

Thanks I will, but was hoping for lazy mans option so I might do my order with 2 brothers and get some buckwheat flour to try amongst others.
Mum of 1 and loving the thermy fun.