Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6143418 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10515 on: September 03, 2013, 10:04:46 am »
You got good value for Grandma's money then Nikkit  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: September 03, 2013, 10:13:15 am »
But worth it Judy. I did a balloon flight over the Tablelands out of Cairns many moons ago. It was cold, but watching the sun rise and the birds etc was amazing. Not as quiet as I had anticipated though - the gas thingy to make the balloon rise made a heck of a racket!
The champagne breakky was good too - although I was glared at by my tee-totalling Grandma who frowns upon any frivolity including booze - especially for breakfast. I had 2 glasses - she was paying and I was drinking her share!

I am the sort of grandma that if I was paying I would be drinking your share!    ;D ;D

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: September 03, 2013, 10:55:47 am »
If I was in that balloon I'd be so scared I'd need to be drinking everyone's allowance!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: September 03, 2013, 12:17:44 pm »
I'm with Judy. I love the sight of balloons up in the air though. A few years ago we were in Melbourne and awoke to see lots of hot air balloons flying. A beautiful sight.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: September 03, 2013, 12:28:13 pm »
I Love ballooning and have been lucky enough to go up a few times :)

If ever you are in Canberra, it really is a must do as you will often (depending on wind direction/speed) fly above all the major landmarks (War Memorial, Parliament House, Questacon, Library, Museum and I've even flown over Black Mountain Tower) and you'll get a champagne breakfast after :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: September 03, 2013, 09:52:17 pm »
yes nikkit, they do the hot balloons over Mareeba
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: September 03, 2013, 10:20:31 pm »
If I was in that balloon I'd be so scared I'd need to be drinking everyone's allowance!
Totally agree Judy, I love seeing them though   ;D

Marie

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: September 03, 2013, 11:28:45 pm »
You got good value for Grandma's money then Nikkit - Judydawn

Ha ha...I always aim to get up my Grandma's nose when it comes to drinking! And yes if she is paying, then I am drinking. She is a funny old duck at times, although has mellowed somewhat in her 91 odd years. She doesn't frown quite so much if it is after 5pm and you have a glass in your hand, but Christmas time is especially displeasing (for her - not us!) when we start with bubbles for breakky!
I'm pretty sure she should have written me out of her will by now, I have caused her some angst with my drinking in her presence in the past years  ;D

Gert - I'd be fighting you for it  ;D ;D

obbie - that must have been where it was then, it was over 20 years ago now, so can't quite remember. I do have photos somewhere.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: September 04, 2013, 01:33:51 am »
Nikkit, we have champers for xmas brekkie too.

That's about 40 minutes from my place. usually quite a few of balloons.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: September 04, 2013, 03:28:19 pm »
Relegated to the spare bed. DH is grumpy with a sore eye. DS2 was tantruming because having weaned 2 weeks ago I didn't like him wanting to comfort feed. Poor boy has asthma this week.

Haven't been on a balloon ride yet.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: September 04, 2013, 09:50:52 pm »
Took DS to train today, and then all afternoon with kitchen designer, at last we seem to be making progress, a very hard kitchen to get right. Last night I was despairing but we moved the Aga back to where it was and it all works now.
Managing to cook in living room at the mo and carry the washing up round the house each evening.hopefully we can take down the plastic sheet in the hall that splits the house in two at the weekend. Then if I can get to the old kitchen sink without going outside it will be easier. Tonight I drained the runner beans in the flower bed, but not having cloths etc is a bit limiting. We've had a few takeaways this week at the height of the demolitions.
Plastering the ceiling tomorrow in the living end of the kitchen, and more electrics in the working side of the kitchen on Monday. More of a full rewire than we'd hoped... Ah well. Loving the Indian summer though and dreading the equinox and slide into winter as you all go to spring.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: September 04, 2013, 09:54:44 pm »
DJ these renos are quite challenging but it is amazing what necessity invents! Last time I did kitchen renos the dishwasher was not unpacked until the warranty was out of date!  All good fun eh?

You will survive.  How is your doggie?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: September 04, 2013, 09:55:28 pm »
Hi Jess, glad you popped in.
Sounds full on.

Take care :)

[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: September 05, 2013, 12:08:36 am »
Relegated to the spare bed. DH is grumpy with a sore eye. DS2 was tantruming because having weaned 2 weeks ago I didn't like him wanting to comfort feed. Poor boy has asthma this week.

Haven't been on a balloon ride yet.

Good luck Thermesa, keeping the weaning resolve when the little one is sick would be hard.  :(
Sending hugs.  :-*
:D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: September 05, 2013, 01:19:51 am »
Things certainly are moving forward DJ, it must be exciting to see it all come together even if only small bits at a time.  It's hard living with renos which is why a lot of people move out whilst it is done but if you can live with the chaos, it certainly saves money and the inconvenience will be worth it in the end.