Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368895 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #675 on: September 10, 2014, 06:54:16 am »
How is it that so many are in the hands of the advisors if they did not know?  I really hate being lied to and being taken for an idiot. Amazing! Is no one upset about the ethics? I give stuff all about the machine but I am offended that HO think I am stupid.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 10, 2014, 06:57:06 am »
Well said Gert, if we can Suss it out , they should of been up front and said a new one was on the way.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 10, 2014, 07:05:12 am »
I've been invited to one down here on the 10th October....but really....I cannot wait that long!
Why not have one yourself Wonder?.....maybe I should too, what am I talking about?  just ignore me....talking to myself again  :P

Hehehe  ;D Just get it Maddy - you're our go to girl of shopping.

I will be having a demo in a late September and welcome you all. I love meeting forum members and catching up with those I have met before.  :D
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 10, 2014, 07:09:10 am »
Would love that Mich but unfortunately I'm in Melbourne so probably a bit far for me to come for a demo and even further for your consultant to come for a delivery ;D

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 10, 2014, 07:13:16 am »
Well the McMich B&B will be open (AKA -Granny Flat).  ;D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 10, 2014, 07:32:23 am »
I'll be driving from Melbourne to Sydney and return in the next few weeks, I might have to call in enroute  ;D

stacelee

« Reply #681 on: September 10, 2014, 08:43:50 am »
Apparently there is something on ACA tonight.  Will be interesting to see what bias it has...unfortunately I probably won't be home from work in time to watch.

Offline I Love TM

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 10, 2014, 08:50:39 am »
Is it correct that the UK have a special offer of 2 bowls with the new machine, plus it's only £1500? - CP - no its £925!

There was an offer in August of a free 2nd bowl with 5 free cookbooks, and an offer in July too so anyone who bought recently paid less (£885) and got freebies.  Probably why there doesn't seem to be the same backlash in the UK.  They also stopped selling TM31 on about 21 August, anyone who ordered and hadn't received got a FOC upgrade.  

I'm a demonstrator/Advisor/consultant who has lapsed but i'm getting the TM5 and trying to make 4 sales by the end of Oct to earn it for free  :D   Will keep you posted when i receive it - probably in about a week or so i think.

But i LOVE LOVE LOVE my TM31 and feel really disloyal.  i have 2 bowls too so i have to purchase a 2nd bowl.  

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 10, 2014, 09:03:41 am »
I Love TM, where are you located?

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 10, 2014, 09:03:53 am »
CP in answer to your question - the uk £925 is for one bowl. £1084 is the offer price with second bowl. This is the price, there will be no price rise ATM. I rang and asked. Their phone line was busy and it took several attempts to get through.

It makes no odds to me as it originally took me three years to save for the Tm31 and I've only had it two years, and I can do what I want with it, happily.

There are now quite a lot on eBay, and gum tree for sale from £595 upwards to £800. It appears that the UK demonstrators can transfer their warranties on second hand machines.

It's happened, it wasn't good practice and I understand how cross some individuals are, and all valid individual complaints should be addressed by the company, but hey let's get back to cooking, and sharing recipes, tips and news. Maybe we'll need a new section for T5 recipes so we don't get mixed up and overload our existing  TMX's.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:13:12 am by Droverjess »

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #685 on: September 10, 2014, 09:06:08 am »
HO says "sorry" in an update to an article on news.com.au ..... http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/thermomix-tm5-launches-in-secret-and-customers-are-not-happy/story-fneuz5ql-1227052897047

Why is it that warranties can't be transferred if  machines change hands? Is that restriction legal I wonder?

Offline I Love TM

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 10, 2014, 09:14:18 am »
Wonder, i'm in Belfast, N Ireland

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 10, 2014, 09:19:31 am »
PS Gert should receive the forum's CLAIRVOYANT prize as she was so spot on on so many features and the date!!!!  ;D ;D :D

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 10, 2014, 09:34:40 am »
I'm a currently serving Thermomix advisor (based in Hampshire) and I can confirm that the price for the 2 bowl package for the TM5 is £1084 - the same as the price was for the TM31.

I'm expecting my machine in the next day or so (or even today - squeeee).  Certainly here in the UK the launch was on Friday at 7pm, a lot of those at the launch and the Saturday training got theirs on Monday - or maybe that was just team leaders, with advisors that were there getting theirs on Tuesday.

I'm waiting with bated breath for mine!

Nik xx
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 10, 2014, 09:37:06 am »
HO says "sorry" in an update to an article on news.com.au ..... http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/thermomix-tm5-launches-in-secret-and-customers-are-not-happy/story-fneuz5ql-1227052897047

Why is it that warranties can't be transferred if  machines change hands? Is that restriction legal I wonder?

I can't see why you can't transfer the warranty - you can on cars.