Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6164512 times)

Offline shiverama

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7275 on: March 01, 2013, 10:31:33 pm »
sounds like you have been very busy shiverama  its a good idea to sell at a fete

l had a terribly busy ,stressful day at work today ,came home with a headache

to find a lovely surprise in my letterbox , an apron from aussie brenda and l  instantly felt better

thank you AUSSIE BRENDA

Glad to hear you had a nice surprise to finish your day well - I love serendipity.
I finished off by making some really cute lables to stick onto the jars using Photo Impact. They look great and the bonus is I can use them for when I want to do a gift hamper.
I have just finished a batch of the Spicy herb salt from the Indian cook book and I think next time I will wear mask and goggles I nearly choked.
24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day- coincidence?????

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: March 01, 2013, 10:42:55 pm »
Have you seen the reviews of this recipe shiverama?  I know exactly what you are talking about - ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline shiverama

• View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: March 01, 2013, 11:06:15 pm »
I know I read it last night - but I have done it before and not had any problems but this morning - I was crying coughing sneezing it was awful - may be it was different chillies - last time I used my own and dried them. Still it's worth it.
Will bottle it up label it and sell it the school fair  :) :) :)
24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day- coincidence?????

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: March 02, 2013, 04:39:15 am »
cooking, cleaning, went grocery shopping, DH shawed a sheep for a local farm.

I took photos too.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7279 on: March 02, 2013, 05:52:41 am »
Have just spent over an hour catching up.  Lots of nice things happening,  and some things not so good. 
I had a most pleasant day at the local Farmer's market.   I have been developing recipes based on different stall holders goodies. Not TMX.  Today I discovered a food swap stall.  The idea is to take whatever food you have too much of,  and swap it for something on the table.    They had chook poo, rhubarb, NZ spinach, loads of Zucchini and, eggs , but would like seasonal  fruit and veggie RECIPES.   So I will print off recipes that I have already written,  print off several copies and exchange them for some veggies or fruit that  we can't grow.  Looking forward to doing this as I think it is a good idea.  I will let you know how it goes.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: March 02, 2013, 06:04:46 am »
That market-and that particular stall- sound absolutely wonderful,Chookie. What a brilliant idea! :)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: March 02, 2013, 06:16:38 am »
I went out for a 2.5 hr bike ride this morning. Now I am putting up a fence. Three post holes dug, eight to go.  :P I forgot to hire a post hole digger so I am doing them all by hand.  :(
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:22:22 am by Delightful Den »

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: March 02, 2013, 07:17:36 am »
If I lived closer I would come and help you Den :( Good luck ;)

GF, love the new avatar and your little signature thingy on the side ;D ;D ;D

Chookie, that stall sounds really handy! Your recipes are a great idea too :) I hope it works out for you.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: March 02, 2013, 03:02:26 pm »
I would gladly accept the help Amy.  ;D

I manged to dig 6 1/2 post holes and install 6 posts. I also removed 3 old posts and some really old brushwood screening and wire. Tomorrow I will hopefully get the rest of the posts in and most of the pickets up.

But first I am going for a long run.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: March 02, 2013, 09:54:43 pm »
Great idea chookie to swap.

Den I have a machine for digging holes.... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: March 02, 2013, 11:27:18 pm »
You've done great Den :D I know you probably want to go for an extra extra long run to put off digging the holes, but make sure you have enough energy left afterwards to finish them off ;D ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: March 03, 2013, 03:30:29 am »
DD you can get a rounded shovel with a long nose to dig holes too. If you were closer I could have lent you our post hole digger.

Chookie what an awesome stall.

Nikkit I had the feeling the last lot of fires were up your way. Take care. Thank goodness your DH knew a back way otherwise he wouldn't have been able to get back.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: March 03, 2013, 03:36:23 am »
Cookie I have a clam shell style post hole digger and a long fencing bar. Unfortunately we are on a kind of gravely clay.  I should have hired a powered post hole digger. Nine down, two to go. I am going to start putting up the rails and pickets then come back to the last two.

Amy I slept in this morning and skipped my run so I could start on the fence earlier.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: March 03, 2013, 11:32:22 am »
Cookie - Fires are all out now, thank goodness. Once again thanks to the firies, they are just amazing. Over 1400 hectares burnt and as far as I know, no houses lost. Thanks for thinking of me :)

We did head off camping yesterday...but had bearings seize and snapped the rear axle. Oh joy! Luckily we had 2 vehicles (my Mum and Aunty in the other one) so left hubby and the dogs 200kms north of here, came home, got parts, I went back yesterday arvo to find that I had done the stupidest thing ever and hadn't picked up ALL the parts needed,  ??? so had to come back again last night, pick up the parts. Stayed here (and slept from 10pm -2.30am, but didn't leave until 5am as I really didn't want a roo as a hood ornament!) and drove up again this morning. All fixed, drove home (again...) unpacked, tidied up and all put away. Like we never even left, but I managed to do 800km driving, plus another 400km as a passenger!
The Great Northern Highway is the roughest, potholiest, skinniest, worst bitumen road I have driven on. Sure there are some good bits, but they are few and far between. I have no idea how the truckies do that road for a living, it is a shocker.

The sad thing was it was my Auntys first ever camping trip and she was so excited!! She was not going to do a bush pee though, but after 2 coffees and plenty of water she went pretty quiet on the way back. Managed to convince her that no-one can see you when you squat behind a bush, so she finally relented. Very very funny when she got back in the ute and I told her we were only 15 minutes from the next town!

The good thing was Mum took her up the coast and they camped out with my brother and family, so she did get a camping trip in after all the kerfuffle with us. Sounds like she had fun and no doubt I will hear about it tomorrow when they call in.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: March 03, 2013, 12:16:25 pm »
What an eventful camping trip Nikkit.  :-)) I hope it hasn't put your Auntie off camping.  :)