Author Topic: Computer Problems  (Read 8007 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Computer Problems
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 05:16:17 pm »
 ;D Glad my bad experience has made a few of you get yourself backed up! Thanks for all the sympathy!! :-* :-*

My internal back up failed as well as an external back up drive, I can't believe it!! I didn't put photos on CD's as I print off any that I really want to keep.

Fortunately, I email my Agrimaster files to the accountant every three months, so have only lost half of May and all of June accounts, no biggie.

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 08:47:23 am »
Sorry to hear MJ - I know what it's like - but my experience wasn't as bad as yours.  Fortunately they could recover some data.

Really hits you.  My computer person is ALWAYS saying Back up more often - when it happens you realise why!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 01:26:33 pm »
Yep, I thought I had the back up thing stitched up. I didn't expect both internal and external back ups to fail. Will now be using CD's and thumb drives!!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 02:45:00 am »
I love thumb drives. Although when I was working I put all of the organisation for school sports day on a thumb drive and then promptly lost it. That was a very hard lesson to learn.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline earth mumma

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 06:39:27 am »
Oh My!! Back -up drive failed too  :o :o.  This is why I have such a love/hate relationship with anything technical.  So good when it works, but down right nasty when it doesn't.  Read something funny the other day - apparently baby boomers are much more techno savy than their kids.  Rings true here.  My mum is so much more iin the techno loop than I am.  ;D ;D Often need my parents advice.  My mum was the one who showed me how to introduce myself here - had me perplexed for weeks.