Author Topic: A bit peeved....  (Read 15264 times)

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
A bit peeved....
« on: January 04, 2011, 10:35:36 am »
Its a bit of a story but I'll be quick...

I've been working with a friend in her quest to purchase a TMX. She came to my demo and liked it but wanted to see more so she attended a couple of back to basics classes - at my expense. Between my demo and her deciding to buy one, my consultant is no longer consulting. So, I needed to find another one as no one notified me of who my new consultant is (not even sure if thats what they do). Called HO, found one in our area, emailed the consultant and put her in touch with my friend.

My friend has now purchased one, and I'm very happy for her of course. What has peeved me though is that I didnt even get a thank you call or email from this consultant for what would have been a very easy sale.

I just think there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes in promoting this wonderful machine with absolutely no acknowledgment.

Happy to hear any views if I'm expecting too much!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A bit peeved....
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:41:00 am »
I don't think you are expecting too much LMT, costs virtually nothing to say thank-you and besides that, shouldn't you get a spotter's fee.  So many people seem to miss out on them - I know that is not why we refer people but some people sure make it easy for others to make a buck. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 11:05:54 am »
Gee, I wouldn't be a 'bit' peeved, I'd be mega peeved!! What has happened to common courtesy and good manners these days??  As judydawn said, some sort of contact to say thank you would have been the least you should have expected. Naughty,naughty consultant!
Don't let it eat you up, though.by the way,  I don't consider myself old enough yet to be a grumpy old woman, well, maybe, a grumpy middle aged woman, but I often find myself tut-tutting bad manners, especially from teenagers etc. ( I am NOT looking forward to my 4 year old twins becoming teenagers, I can tell you). I am only grumpy on  the inside and so far haven't actually complained out loud to people. I think what has happened to you is unfortunately indicative of the way our society is heading.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:19:40 am »
That is a shame LMT  :(. A quick email to say thank you would have been easy. However we never know what is going on in other peoples lives. She/he may surprise you with a thank you in the near future. If it was me I would have thanked you  :)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 11:23:48 am »
I do understand LMT! I talked a few friends into one, I did the leg work, went through recipes, etc with them, so the consultant had the sale in the bag.

I do wonder what some consultants think when a sale is so easy, I know it was other TMX owners that sealed the deal here, but no thanks for them.

Oh well, that's the way it goes I suppose?

Offline sue_h

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 11:32:40 am »
I bought mine from recommendations from friends and my own research and then attended a demo to seal the deal. If it wasn't for my friend who doesn't even know the consultant I doubt I would know about TM.  In your case LMT, given the email contact I think an email is the minimum you deserve. Your attitude that at least your frien has one now is a good one though.
Sue from North Queensland

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 11:52:19 am »
I've 'sold' a couple of tmx and know they told the consultant but never expected an email - but now thinking that would have been nice!!

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 12:13:28 pm »
I'm lucky, I found a consultant who looks after me (and my friends) really well, and gives me a cookbook for every referred sale! The consultant who sold me my tm was dreadful though - she just had the tms (my friend also bought one and didn't get a thermoserver, and we were entitled to 2 because we bought them when there were double rewards) delivered to my door by courier and that was it! Never saw her again, and I had to ask her to send me my invoice.
I think really good consultants (who know the product and know how to cook) are few and far between; I'm really glad I have mine.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 11:00:52 pm »
I always give my customers a cookbook if they refer me to someone who buys  :)  It's a nice way to say thank you, I think.
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 11:15:31 pm »
MY consultant, Anita,  is a dream.  She works hard to look after her clients and in return I try and look after her.   She is just a very nice generous person. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 12:52:23 am »
I have an aquaintance of a friend who sells TMX. DH mentioned to one of his mates about this and his mate rang her. She sold a TMX. In the mail a few days later was a cheque for DH for $50 as a spotter's fee. He was tickled pink as he is always talking about the magnificent German cooking machine.
Kathryn I told him he should have waited for you.  His reply was I only know her as Kathryn! I carefully reminded him of the use of mobile phones. :-\ :-\
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 02:26:45 am »
LOL Cookie, I know that you have a friend who is also a consultant - I am privileged that you wanted to be adopted by me  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 05:44:09 am »
 :-* :-*

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 06:02:07 am »
My SIL wants to buy a thermomix and I'm currently looking around for a suitable consultant.  I haven't heard from my consultant since she dropped it off 12 months ago.  Didn't even get a delivery demo as she came 10 minutes before 3 and I had to get my kids from school.

Know anyone in Brisbane, not looking for any old demonstrator though that we'll never  hear from again.

My consultant also said she forgot the cleaning brush and would drop it in, only been waiting 12 months LOL
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:10:29 am by foodiepep »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 06:03:23 am »
That's horrid. :'(