Author Topic: What is going on on Facebook?  (Read 30034 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: What is going on on Facebook?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 08:36:40 am »
You know you have alot of supporters here tenina and its sad and petty what is going on but i think head office or not eventually people will get fed up from being told what to do especially as something so obviously petty as all this hooo haaa lol.. Hang in there and as far as other appliances im sure alot of peopke will continue to look to you for your opinion and recipes however please keep on developing books etc for thermie as the work you do is well above the competition 😊

An avid supporter 😉
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 08:37:07 am »
OK this is from a friend and a very supportive one.
I find it absolutely disgusting that people can be dictated to on their own facebook accounts. Obviously freedom of speech does not exist here. All the bits on facebook and elsewhere and even your great classes Tenina are another form of advertising for Thermomix. I can not for the life of me understand why they don't take all this wonderful free advertising and glory in the sales it is giving them. Thermomix receives millions of dollars of free advertising everytime one of us mentions this handy machine.
Love my Thermomix. :-* :-* :-* :-*Love Tenina :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

stacelee

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2012, 08:42:12 am »
In this day and age, trying to have that much control over "sales staff" is inappropriate and very short sighted.  I can just imagine what my sales staff would say to me if I tried to dictate what they could and couldn't "like" on facebook.  The only rule we have is that they can't disparage our company or bad mouth our opposition or suppliers...which we regard as just polite business practice.  It will be interesting to see what will happen in the future with more and more competitors coming into the market.  I called into a kitchenware supply place today (unfortunately I had to go to a store rather then raiding our showroom....we don't sell cannoli tubes and my husband got addicted when we were in Venice two weeks ago :( ), and I saw the Thermochef live in their store.  Talking to the sales lady, they have had a lot of interest.  

I will be interested to see how Tenina goes with the Hot Mix.....looking at the information we have been given and the pricing, it looks like it could be a genuine competitor.  I still haven't seen one live :(

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2012, 08:44:29 am »
I would hazard a guess at jealousy and a little peeved that she is doing so well and is so good at what she does.. Some people whoever they may be really need to grow up and if helenes is also a no go zone that is pathetic.. These two fantadtic women do so much for the thermomix community... Pity that they cant just be apreciated for the work they do.. Better not get me started lol..😄😄😄😄
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2012, 09:10:40 am »
OMG  Tenina, I had heard from  others that consultants have been told to unfriend you and the people I know have so far not  done that. I am so sorry to learn that some have.  Maybe we should all become more aware and more vocal and let HO know we do not approve. I know they are reading this  thread as I write.  They should also know that what goes on in HO will eventually be broadcast if not off this forum then on many others. Obviously they do not care about their reputation or the reputation of their consultants. 

Shame on those consultants that unfriend Tenina or anyone else because of the pure vindictiveness of  one person. It has nothing to do with Vorwerk business what people say on their FB pages . Anything that can sell the Thermomix and put money in Grace  Mazures pocket should be welcomed.

No more photos in your classes Tenina or the consultants will become targets for the vendetta mistress.

You have done more than most to sell this machine and make really good cooking accessible  to even the likes of me.

I have always supported the consultants unconditionally but I may have to rethink that. I was even dumped by my consultant  like a hot potato after her almost begging me to help in a challenge.  I was all set to be part of the "team" . We had spent some hours in my home working out a plan of action and cooking all the food.  When she left here I never heard from  her again. She even left her bits and pieces here that I was to bring on the night.  I did not hold it against her as I knew that she had received "the phone call" . I was very disappointed though that she did not have the guts to phone me to tell me I was out of the team. In the end all the bits and pieces went to the Salvos.

Having said that I would still support what she does. 

But the FB thing is something else all together.  These consultants that are willing to be bullied should grow some I say. What would their children think?

Gertbysea

If the HotmixPro  is equal,to the same tasks then let us know . More power to you.

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2012, 09:20:58 am »
Tenina, I think this is absolutely disgusting! I honestly CANNOT believe it! Gobsmacked, speechless. However my conclusion is whoever runs the HO in Australia is at fault, and maybe their behaviour should be reported to Europe. Thermomix started in Europe, and is much much bigger in Europe, so maybe Europe should be aware of this bullying and manipulation. That's my opinion anyway! As for other robots matching Thx, in Europe for years there have been many launched but none can match nor compete! Best of luck, but I think its outrageous and should be reported!
Amanda

Spain

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2012, 11:19:15 am »
A very sad state of affairs and the underdog will always get the support of our forum members. Standover tactics will be the downfall of people who try it on. Gert you will find consultants will not want to appear in any photo taken at a Tenina class   ;) Tenina, press on with what you are doing, you do it well as your classes/books prove.  Of course you have to have more than one arrow in your bow and you are competent enough to have many in yours. You are lucky in that our forum doesn't tell people who they can be friendly with - we are free to choose our own here.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:42:44 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2012, 11:26:09 am »
Oh Tenina I feel for you having to deal with this kind of crap. What's the big deal anyway? You do a brilliant job and we are all behind you.

Thought you would like this ;D

Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2012, 11:52:14 am »
This sort of behaviour is unbelievable. I feel as if I've been transported back to primary school. The girls in the "cool" clique were so mean to the rest of us. However, go to the school reunion 20 years later and discover that the "uncool" kids are the ones with the successful careers and the happy lives. Aussies always support the underdogs.
I'm glad that I have a Thermo Chef.
I really enjoyed Tenia's cooking class, and her book is beautifully photographed and full of delicious recipes that really work. I often visit her website and drool over her recipes.
Life is just too short for this sort of pettiness
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 01:55:53 am »
I didn't understand when I first started reading, what was happening, but now I do.

What a shame, I know HO have some pretty big ideas on what their brand is, but I have to say, Tenina is probably the only Aussie out there with TMX recipes that are accessible.

I'm sorry, but having to purchase multiple cookbooks for an appliance is terrible, I've spent hundreds more on cook books, and I'm bitterly dissapointed in most of them. I find the tried and tested recipes on this forum are the ones I turn to everyday.

I can't believe a company would ask it's workers to 'unlike'' you Tenina, what a sad state of affairs :(

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 03:25:32 am »
All I can say is that if HO produced good cookbooks they would not be so upset with Tenina.
Yes Tenina is competition in the cookbook category, but she is also an avid promoter of the wonderful TMX. HO should be embracing Tenina and others like her. I tell you, if I knew that HO treated people like that, I would have had second thoughts on purchasing my TMX. I love my TMX and couldn't imagine life without it, but I do not support bullying of any kind. I for one have only purchased the Full Steam Ahead cookbook, and after looking through that and the EDC I have not bought another TMX HO branded one. They are over priced and their quality is second rate.
HO get your act together and produce better quality or less expensive items and perhaps I would be encouraged to buy from you. 

A very upset DG xxx
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 04:25:02 am »
I have about 6 of Head Office cookbooks, and don't use them, and find the recipes on here work much better, and with reviews..

I  find this very childish from Head Office, sounds like sour grapes.
Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 04:48:21 am »
I think the comments here about HO being just a little peeved about the success of Tenina's books are spot on. Quite frankly, if it wasnt for this forum and Tenina's book I would have abandoned my TMX a long time ago. The HO books now look extemely amateurish and I think they know it.

Offline GiloKez

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2012, 06:07:20 am »
OK this thread answers some confusion.

I went into HO this morning asking for Tenina's cookbook (oops) and could not understand why they didn't have it! They were very very nice about it but I wondered why they had the other one and not hers.

Right I get it now. Does anyone know how I can get Teninas book?

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2012, 06:10:14 am »
Sure do. Just  google For Food Sake,  Tenina , cooking with Tenina you will get lots and lots of info .

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.