Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4569520 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #4155 on: July 20, 2012, 04:32:47 am »
Nikkit it sounds like you had heaps of fun trying to fit that cover lol. Sounds like that cover was just not made for your lounge. I can't recommend one for you though as I have never brought one myself :(
Hope you have better luck next time:)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: July 20, 2012, 04:37:41 am »
Dede... I don't recall "fun" being one of the words used yesterday!
And I'm not too sure what type of lounge that cover was made to fit, it was a really weird shape!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: July 20, 2012, 04:56:00 am »
Nikkit  can you post a pic  of the lounge  so we can see the shape?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: July 20, 2012, 05:08:17 am »
Nikkit, take down the measurements of your lounge and get a dressmaker to make it.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: July 20, 2012, 05:16:51 am »
IKEA have a large range of loose covers  you can buy on line overseas much cheaper than you can buy in oz.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: July 20, 2012, 05:30:30 am »
Gert - my lounge is a perfectly normal lounge - just like everything else in this house!  ;D
And err no pics, it is embarrassing! :-[
DG - should have asked in here first before I taught my daughter some new words! What a good idea! Thanks - may just do that yet!
And Gert - I went to IKEA the other day (along with half of Perth I am sure) and we did the old "follow the grey path and the black arrows like all the other sheep I mean people... But had the non-shopping OMG what are all these people doing here Miss 15 with me, so it would have to be the quickest visit to IKEA in history.n (will check on line though - later... then I can have a glass of wine while I peruse!) 
I may have to up the budget from the no frills 50 buck special lounge cover that had no measurements on the packet  :-)) just "fits most 3 seat lounges" .
Maybe that's where I went wrong...

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #4161 on: July 20, 2012, 05:35:18 am »
Nikkit i bought a "throw over and tie the Bow at both ends" type covers and they are a real hassle to put on...used to curse every time I had to put it on. Yuk

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: July 20, 2012, 05:56:08 am »
Nikkit no such thing as a normal lounge!!!!! High back low back square arms rounded  arms  legs no legs  square back  curved back . Stuffed cushions. Button backs . Square flat arms square round  arms.  See what I am saying?  Some would be easy to,cover and others not so much.  Some covers come in two parts so  covering the back and arms with the cushions on top or covering the whole thing.

You can get someone like Spotlight or a decorater shop to come out, measure up and make one but that can be expensive depending on the material.

You can get creative with a few yards of material or a king sized sheet.  Iron on Velcro can be your friend here. Upholstery tacks are useful too. Double sided tape is another one.

I saw  in St Vinnies  recently  some gorgeous covers that obviously came from a hotel or motel. Hardly worn in modern colours which would have been perfect for,the lounge I just got rid of. Bwaaaaaaa!

Gert

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: July 20, 2012, 05:58:11 am »
My PC books have not arrived >:( >:( >:( >:(

Wed-Fri my email said

>:( >:( >:(
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: July 20, 2012, 05:59:44 am »
Oh H how disappointing.

I am trying to find a curry mince recipe to do in the PC but can't find one. Might have to use my curried sausage recipe and add extra water and stock.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: July 20, 2012, 06:43:25 am »
make one up Dizzy..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: July 20, 2012, 06:48:20 am »
Nikkit I csan imagine your anger. I hate the 'follow the line' thing at Ikea. I hardly ever go there as I live south of the river.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: July 20, 2012, 07:06:28 am »
Nikkit, I share your pain re the lounge covers!  I have had no luck with them in the past, and honestly would not recommend bothering to find another one.  Even when you get them onto the sofa, as soon as someone sits on them and moves around a bit, they bunch up and pull half-off and look terrible.  Others may have had better luck - but after trying several different ones from several different places, I gave up.  I ended up getting a pretty throw rug and some cushions for the sofa to hide the ugly bits  ;)
Karen in Adelaide

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: July 20, 2012, 08:13:58 am »
Just had to laugh. DH just handed me the  latest INNOVATIONS  cattle dog

Where are 2 things available.

The first is a stretch cover which would work for keeping it tucked but it is pretty ordinary..

The second is a cover for dogs really but gives an idea.

a

I would see  what it costs to recover it.

Gert

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: July 20, 2012, 09:21:50 am »
I know how you feel H. The book I ordered for my nephew 's birthday this weekend hasn't arrived. The email said delivery would be this week or Monday next week:(
I went op shopping today to find something for the retreat, but I couldn't find anything that excited me.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous