Author Topic: New to Themomix and struggling a bit  (Read 20026 times)

Offline sharonr

• View Profile
Re: New to Themomix and struggling a bit
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 01:12:29 am »
Hi Aggy and welcome.

Cookie....good thing I have a sense of humour....I have only had my Thermomix a week today and I have already made some 'interesting' meals.....  Let's just say that I need to spend more time looking at the list of ingredients and less time concentrating on getting the TTS settings but I am getting there...

Sharon

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 06:24:58 am »
Most of my failures happen because I am either in too much of a hurry to read the recipe properly. It pays to slow down a bit.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 06:28:38 am »
Exactly CP63, this is the most important lesson to learn.  Read the recipe carefully ;) ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 10:05:47 am »
.....................and then read it again. Even then I often miss a vital point.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 10:14:00 am »
When I use reverse I never go faster than spoon speed

Same here.  If I want a gentle stir, then I use  :-: and  ^^.  And mince, etc, always need a gentle stir when they're cooking if they're not to break down.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline grandma

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 12:28:24 am »
When I use reverse I never go faster than spoon speed

Same here.  If I want a gentle stir, then I use  :-: and  ^^.  And mince, etc, always need a gentle stir when they're cooking if they're not to break down.
Thanks for the great tips, but pity they didn't spend more time thinking through their cookbook, if it wasn't for this forum heaven knows where my TMX would be stored!!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 01:58:21 am »
From one grandma to another - I have to agree with you wholeheartedly on that point :-)) :-)) :-))

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 02:10:26 am »
Thanks for the great tips, but pity they didn't spend more time thinking through their cookbook, if it wasn't for this forum heaven knows where my TMX would be stored!!!

My sentiments exactly - wonder how many are stored because the owners have had problems and thoguht -can't be bothered?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 02:15:52 am »
Thermomixer, I firmly believe that this forum is what is helping sales of the TMX.  We are all happy and are able to convey that message to other prospective buyers because of what we have learnt from this forum.  The consultants who are on this forum have to be far wiser than those who are not (some don't come here so they won't read that ;) ;)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 03:47:46 am »
Well I believe that people who give up too easily and store their Thermomixers are not very adventurous and are missing out on a lot. This is how we learn isn't  it, from our mistakes and from the mistakes of others? It would be a sad old world it everything went according to plan. After all "MUSH" meals are still nutritious often delicious and something we can talk and laugh about. I say if the cookbook is " not as advertised" toss it into the too hard basket and get creative. Don't get mad get even and write your own rules then post it for all of us. Life is too short to stress about a few wonky recipes. By the time our kids inherit our Thermomix there will be many more cookbooks. :D :D :D

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 07:18:05 am »
Inherit the TMX Gretchen. OMG.

To be honest we're seriously thinking of buying DD one when she builds her house and shifts. She has now realised that she doesn't want to take the rice cooker or stick blender and other assorted gadgets.

I agree with everyone about how this forum helps. I would have persevered because of the cost but it would have taken me longer.
I shared the 5 seed bread the other day and this lady was going to make it in her breadmaker as she 'is too old to adjust to learning TMX cooking". I'm dying to know if it rose out of the container into the breadmaker but I'm too scared to ask. :-\

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 07:59:21 am »
That made me giggle out loud.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2009, 02:46:27 pm »
Me too Gretchen, I had visions of the mixture creeping out of the breadmaker and all over the cupboard.  Will be interested to hear Cookie1 how she went  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2009, 09:57:51 am »
Still too chicken to ring and ask. I actually made some Cape Seed Loaf yesterday and put it in a lidded bread tin. It was a tiny bit too much and literally 'crept' out of the gap between the lid and base. It was all wavy and very thin. Quite interesting to see.

Offline AGGY

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2009, 11:50:19 am »
Well we have had another success - my husband made Josie's meatloaf and it was great. However, he also commented on the poor quality of the cookbook - steps out of order etc.

I find it strange, given the Thermomix has been around for years, that the recipes aren't all topnotch. Budding publishers please note - I would happily buy multiple books by third-party authors. :)