Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 9914 times)

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Hi!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 07:50:24 am »
Welcome Ainsley, my GS it's also egg intolerant and I have made him custard without the eggs just added more corn flour and some vanilla extract, can't remember how much extra corn flour maybe two tablespoons.  GS and I also love the Thermomix porridge it is so creamy.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 08:03:34 am »
Welcome to the forum

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 09:04:07 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum  ;D
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 09:19:59 am »
Welcome to the forum Ainsley :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline alfacchino

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 09:34:29 am »
Welcome Ainsley, my GS it's also egg intolerant and I have made him custard without the eggs just added more corn flour and some vanilla extract, can't remember how much extra corn flour maybe two tablespoons.  GS and I also love the Thermomix porridge it is so creamy.

Thanks for that tip Aussie Brenda, I was planning on having a go at adding some extra corn flour, I'll try two tablespoons and see how it goes :)

Well I cracked out the varoma tonight and made a version of quirky Jo's chicken and coconut satay rice, I used another satay sauce recipe because I didn't have any coconut cream and it turned out really nice!

mcmich

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 08:46:16 pm »
Welcome to the forum Ainsley.  :)

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you're having a great time with Heidi !
I do the best I can

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 11:40:36 pm »
Hi Ainsley,

I just got my (as yet un-named) machine on Friday night - isn't it exciting!!

Hope you find lots of suitable recipes here - I'm finding the hard part is deciding which ones to choose!   ;)
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 12:35:00 am »
Hi and welcome, have fun
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 09:53:07 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum.. You will find kids get used to the sound.. My kids were terrified of it at first but now doesnt bother them and they recognise the thermie thingy lol... I used o warn them and get hem to cover their ears .. We used o laugh about here we go with the noise...
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline alfacchino

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 10:08:56 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum.. You will find kids get used to the sound.. My kids were terrified of it at first but now doesnt bother them and they recognise the thermie thingy lol... I used o warn them and get hem to cover their ears .. We used o laugh about here we go with the noise...

I was only noticing today that he seems to be less scared...not bursting into tears everytime I use her!  I count 3,2,1 go! Before I make noise and keep an exaggerated happy face on the whole time. It would be lovely if he starting sleeping through more noise though, at the moment there would be no way I could go above speed 4 after he's in bed :(

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 10:29:59 am »
I guess it depends on the kids and what they are used to.. I was never quiet with my kids as i was told that was the best way amd it seemed to work...If your always quiet around them they will hate noise but if its familiar it doesnt bother them.... We are all wonderfully differemt though and you have to do what works for you...must admit though crushing ice for eg would scare anyone at first and wake most of the house

Chookie had a good suggestion though.. Maybe try putting it in the garge or laundry or something just for the jneading then back in the kitchen lol
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline alfacchino

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 01:40:56 am »
I definitely think we crept around him too much when he was little, oh well. We are working on leaving the hall door open while he sleeps now and working up to more noise :)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 05:54:09 am »
We tiptoed around a lot too with the first baby... 2nd bub just had to learn to put up with the noise lol! Of course I didn't have a thermie then...
Melbourne, inner north