Author Topic: MJ Skincare  (Read 85941 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
MJ Skincare
« on: October 29, 2012, 03:04:17 am »
Yes! That's the new name for Skinflint.

It'll still be Skinflint for some time as I have loads of labels in that name still to use up. Plus, I have to revamp the website and FB, Blog, numerous things to do. It probably won't happen until next year. My DD is getting married in March, so hopefully I'll have it done before then. She wants to give small Body Butters as guest favours.

I started playing around with making lotions way back in late 2005 after the Cafe my friends and I ran in one of our buildings in town closed down. My friends left town and I didn't want to keep it going. So, I began experimenting for fun. After mixing my first lotion, I was totally hooked.

Hours and hours of reading and research, making lotion, pouring it down the drain (actually, I buried it!) and testing on friends, Skinflint was born in October 2007. I love making my products and sharing them with friends and family. I'm thrilled and amazed that other people like my products too!

Now 5 years on and still going, I'm ready for the change in direction. More sophisticated, nicer packaging, classier look. Hope you will have a look at my website and try my products. I don't always have everything in stock as I don't like it sitting on the shelves for months on end.
But, I will always let you know if there's to be a hold up and will post what I have in stock, with the remainder being posted to you, free of charge, as soon as it's available.

Thanks for taking the time to read my spiel!  ;D

Whoops! Forgot to include the link to website and FB! Skinflint Webiste and from there, click on the Facebook link at the top of the page.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:06:25 am by meganjane »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Re: MJ Skincare
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 02:06:24 am »
Just placed an order  ;D
Karen in Adelaide

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 12:45:38 pm »
Oh! That was you! Cool! I'll be posting it tomorrow.

Thank you.  ;D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 02:50:15 pm »
Hi MJ

Love the sound of your products from when I looked at your website. Just wondering if your moisturisers are thick as I find that's the best for my skin, especially over summer when it dries out.

I would love to try some out once I run out of what I currently have.

Tasty

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 09:47:22 pm »
I tried to order at the weekend, i didnt use paypal & i couldnt get the cc to work ???

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 09:57:06 pm »
And when I have run out of my current skincare stuff, I will be ordering more.  Love your philosophy, and really happy to support a small business ........
Karen in Adelaide

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 01:01:15 pm »
I tried to order at the weekend, i didnt use paypal & i couldnt get the cc to work ???

H :)
Halex, you can't use CC on my website. Costs me way too much. You can use PayPal with your CC and you don't even have to register.
Or, you can pay via EFT. You have to choose that on check out. Unfortunately, PayPal is a default at check out and I can't change that.

Alternatively, just email me with your order!
The Bush Gourmand

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 01:03:40 pm »
Hi MJ

Love the sound of your products from when I looked at your website. Just wondering if your moisturisers are thick as I find that's the best for my skin, especially over summer when it dries out.

I would love to try some out once I run out of what I currently have.

Tasty
The Jojoba Ultra Rich Day Cream is your best bet. (It's called Ultra Rich Face Cream at the moment). It's super rich and designed for extra dry skin. I've had some great feedback on this product. I use it myself when I have very dry patches on my face due to hay fever.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 11:35:42 pm »
Got my shampoo and conditioner and crio bru latte soap yesterday ......... tried out all 3 this morning!  My hair is lovely and soft and shiny, and my kids want to eat the soap - it smells so good  ;D

Thanks Meagan!
Karen in Adelaide

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 01:27:56 am »
Sold me Karen, have place an order now as well.  Keep the soap away from the kids  :o :o  I might let DH have 1 cake of the soap as normal soap brings him out in a very bad rash these days and it will be easier to use than the pump bottle of the non-soap product he now uses. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 10:27:00 am »
Thanks for your order, JD, I posted it this morning.
The Bush Gourmand

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 10:28:15 am »
That was quick MJ, thank you. :-*

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 06:53:40 pm »
Just received my order from MJ - smells lucious and beautifully presented.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 10:46:56 am »
This morning I showered with MJ's crio bru soap, used her shampoo & conditioner on my hair and once dried, I applied her Ultra Rich Face Cream.  I came out of the bathroom smelling a million bucks.  My hair is soft & manageable, I just let it dry naturally and didn't style it today and I love the face cream as 11 hours later my skin is still feeling soft and moist. All products only need a small amount to do the job and even though I have never spent this much money on products for myself, I must say I am very pleased with those I received.

MJ do you have many jars of the face cream in the old packaging left?  I know everything will be more expensive in the new packaging but to me, it's what's in the jar that is important not the look of the packaging.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 11:31:06 am »
JD - does the face cream have a strong smell....I find smells affect me and sometimes give me headaches...even if I initially like them. WOuld like to try this but waiting for my current stuff to be used up.