Author Topic: so glad i have a thermo ....  (Read 56010 times)

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
Re: so glad i have a thermo ....
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 04:34:41 am »
thanks guys for the support .... to all of you ...Cheers

it is not a decision that i have made lightly ... but i am in my forties and i weight about 117kg which is pretty sad on many levels ... i used to be 136 at my heaviest ... Xmas 2010 i was down to 108kg and the weight is just creeping back on ... i have been doing water aerobics 3 nights a week for the past 16 months (i have just stopped in may cause it is too bloody cold) and i have done every diet that is on this earth ... i have had every blood test ... and i am normal (apparently ... but some would beg to differ  ;) though ) so the bottom line for me is i am over indulgent in foods ... and this is where i want the physical control of the banding. i don't think i eat unhealthy foods on any sort of higher level ... i just eat too much .... and i really don't want to get 10 years down the track and have stuffed knees and ankles and spurs in my heels not to mention the heart and blood problems that can come with long term weight carrying.  i had my kids young and i have no health problems and my hubby and i are almost child free (only one left at school out of our 4 kids) and i want to travel and continue to do the things that i like to do ...like camping and bush walking ... so my theory is prevention is better than cure.... and i really believe i have given all the weight loss eating styles a fair go .... and i want this ... yes i am a bit nervous about getting my head around the eating challenges of post -op and the soft food intake is only for a short term of the big picture...... but everybody that i have spoken to that are post banding all finish with the same thing ...no regrets and it is the best decision they have made. and the before and after results are amazing. anyway enough of that .......

Back to the thermo .....i am going to be  so glad that i can smash fresh fruit and freeze them into blocks too and i feel so lucky that i can still have such a huge variety in my menu compared to some of the other members of the forum of banders that i joined ..... but i will mention the thermo .... but i just felt i can really share my yip-a-dee yahoo here.

i will post you my journey as i go if you like .... i have a dietitians appointment middle of next month ...then pre op first week in Sept ... you have to go on optifast for 2 weeks prior to shrink your stomach and reduce the risk of rejection. ... so thunder-birds its a go  :P from here

Hi P
Welcome to the forum.
Best of luck with your lapband op. With the help of your TMX and your sense of humor, judging from your forum name, I'm sure you will be successful. Let us know how you're getting on :)
... yum yes my sense of humour gets me both in and out of trouble ...i think it is in my genes ;)

Best of luck with your surgery and you will find the TMX very useful for making yummy, healthy food and be able to get the consistency you need.

May I also add that a friend of mine lost over 60kgs with lap band and I have seen her change from a very insecure person into this very confident happy one, a decision that was the best one she ever made and I am sure you will find the same xx
... well give your friend a big congrats from me ....
Dear phatassphairy - first let me say welcome, as even though you have made 35 posts I haven't met you on the forum before.  :)

Second, just to let you know I have had my lapband for seven years and my Thermomix for 18 months.  I agree that you are well set for your changing life with the support of the TMX.

I wish I'd had mine back in the post-op stages.  Good luck.   
... thank you and i hope i can get 7 years down the track and still feel happy with my decision.
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 05:10:43 am »
Dear paf--- it is a tough gig being a bandit.  Of course it is lovely to get the positive feedback from people as the weight starts to come off eventually but there is a big cost to you as you adjust. You have to be strong and disciplined.  It isn't a comfortable automatic success, but I have found it a brilliant example of engineering, just like the Thermomix in that way.  Best wishes, Cecilia.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 05:42:24 am »
Good luck with your surgery, hope everything goes well

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 01:50:07 pm »
Dear paf--- it is a tough gig being a bandit.  Of course it is lovely to get the positive feedback from people as the weight starts to come off eventually but there is a big cost to you as you adjust. You have to be strong and disciplined.  It isn't a comfortable automatic success, but I have found it a brilliant example of engineering, just like the Thermomix in that way.  Best wishes, Cecilia.

yeah Cecila ... i am sort of looking at it like morning sickness (which i had for 20+ weeks with 3 of my 4 kids) at first it will be the most mind battling thing and you feel terrible and drained of all my energy ...then as time goes on you learn to manage and become to accept what your body controls ... and then after months of adjusting changing of things it is all worth it.

i am dreading the optifast for a couple reasons ...just liquid after liquid ..... but the taste of something so artificial ..... i was thinking i might go test the flavours prior to my pre-op schedule so i know what flavours i like and what ones i dont ... a bit of pre planning cant hurt. i know this is not the easy way out ... i have some hard yards ahead ... but with baby steps and focusing on the greater outcome ... i know i will get through it. i also have the support of an amazing hubby and of course the kids.  The forum i have been mingling on has been great, the members are very honest and open on sharing their true experiences-- good and bad--. it has been very informative with tips and all.

i will share my pre/post op recipes that i make in the thermo as the dates get closer .....

i am going to start making my concentrate stocks up on the weekend  and freezing them. but i am on the look out for a nice creamy soup recipe with prawns for 2nd phase of post op .. i love prawns .... this is what i fear missing the most
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 06:35:02 pm »
i am going to start making my concentrate stocks up on the weekend  and freezing them. but i am on the look out for a nice creamy soup recipe with prawns for 2nd phase of post op .. i love prawns .... this is what i fear missing the most

I thought I would bump this for you pah ;)
Portuguese Shrimp Cream Soup
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 03:23:21 am »
yum ... looks like a yummy recipe ... will try it but i think i will blitz my prawns first and set aside just to make it smaller pieces.

might have to do a tester of it first  ;) though

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 11:07:41 pm »
I too wish you luck on this journey.  Would be very interested to keep track of your progress.  Sorry no recipes  come to mind at the moment but will keep the thinking hat on.  Best of luck and good on you for being so brave and for taking charge of your situation.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 12:12:06 am »
just sticking my head in to say hi ....Thanks for your support and kind words.

I am 10 days out of my proceedure ... i cant wait, i am currently on the "pre op" phase which means this is daily routine atm.
■Breakfast-shake/bar/soup (optifast)

■MidMorning-100g-150g fruit

■Lunch-shake/bar/soup + 1cup of free vegies

■MidArvo -shake/bar/soup + tablespoon of nuts (raw and unsalted)

■Dinner-100g meat or 2 eggs +2cups of free vegies

■AftDinner (if needed) 1/2 punnet of strawberries

■Extra:- Diet softdrink, Diet cordial, Diet jelly.

i have been on this now for 9 days  and i have lost 6.2kg .......it is a requirement to shrink your liver before your op.

i made some VEGo soup .... i have made it quite chunky 

yesterday i made a salad and mixed some of the soup over it .... it was like a dressing ... and it was yummo .. i have never thought about using a cold soup over salad .... might even work with pasta down the track. 

Today for lunch i am going to mix tomato, onion, eggplant and zucchini in thermie and cook it with a bit of garlic and curry powder and steam some cabbage in the basket then mix it together.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 12:21:36 am »
Hey PAP, its great to hear from you!! :D

Your meal routine doesn't sound too bad. When it works it will definitely be worth it :) Its good to hear that your experimenting with the thermie and the things you are able to eat. Its going to make the recovery from this operation a lot easier for you in the practical side of things.

I hope you can find the time to pop in and let us know your progress every now and then :-* :-*

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 12:21:57 am »
Well on you way now. Keep up the good work.  Cant wait to see ya on the other side.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012, 12:22:51 am »
Hi, I hope all goes well, and let us know.

not long now. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 07:56:34 am »
hi PAP all the Very best for your procedure.  Not long now. Hope you are able to let us know how you are going.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 10:52:17 am »
8 days now and 7 tomorrow.  hopefully it is going quickly for you. All the best for the op.

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 09:34:23 am »
well i was done yesterday ..... and i am home today  ;D

a little sore.... but that is to be expected. apart from that not feeling to bad. still early days, but i feel that it is a good sign that i am not in mega pain and i am quite mobile.

i am off to have look for a beef soup recipe .... my son is an apprentice butcher .... instead of getting me flowers he bought me beef bones for soup .... :-* :-* :-*

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2012, 09:39:32 am »
PAP!! Its great to hear from you! :D

I'm glad you're home and not in mega pain. Just keep the strong painkillers close by ;)

How thoughtful of your son, such a practical gift ;D ;D