Author Topic: Cowboy Biscuits & Gravy (with photo and video)  (Read 12034 times)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Cowboy Biscuits & Gravy (with photo and video)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 12:22:59 am »
Joyce a lot of us would have almost driven past your grand babies doorstep last weekend on our way to the weekend retreat. What a small world!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 01:26:37 am »
Wow, Joyce what great ideas & recipes.

Thank you

Halex :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 05:08:27 am »
I just had to make this. The memories came flooding back.

I made several mistakes as I keep getting distracted. The first thing I did was make the sausage mixture using the recipe sara suggested.http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com.au/2008/02/breakfast-sausage-to-begin-day.html I uses I 900 gms minced pork.

First mistake was I tipped too much white pepper into it. Second mistake tipped too much sage into it. Never mind.

I then  followed Joyce's recipe except  when adding the flour I forgot to set the temp . Third mistake followed by the fourth mistake. I added the milk and forgot to set the temp. After about 10 minutes of stirring I realised what I had done so added some  more flour, put the heat on and kept it a stirring on reverse. Very bad mistake  number 5......... But  would you believe  that after another 15 minutes with the temp actually on  the damn thing came together. When I opened the lid there was a small round circle or the flour which had not combined. It looked like a little cake. I have not seen that before. I just picked it off and dumped it.

Also made a mistake  when making the biscuits by adding the butter  too early.  The biscuits did not  rise as they hold have but no matter.

I made the rest of the sausage mince into parties.

Delicious meal Joyce. The THERMOTHINGY is very forgiving  and my Aussie DH didn't know the difference.

See ifi can insert a pic with Tapatalk. Not as an appealing photo as Joyce but just to show.

Gert

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:31:47 am by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 06:40:57 am »

OMG I saw this on the web and read your blog. OMG I love this recipe. I wish I could  get American style pork sausage. Dashingden have ya seen this one? Remember pork sausage!!!!!!!!

Gert

I have some pork sausage patties in my freezer. We made biscuits and gravy when my BIL was visiting. I found a recipe online. It was not hard to make just pork mince, sage cloves and some other spices.

Offline Joyceloveswater

• JoyceLovesThermomix@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 01:44:55 am »
Gert--I'm so excited you made my recipe!!!  That's a first for me.  [Smiling from ear to ear.]  Re: the biscuits, did you put both baking powder and baking soda in them?  Just wondering.  :-)

Cook on!!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 03:08:54 am »
Loved it Joye. I will make it again. Still some gravy in freezer. I did add both but who knows how old they were!!

Thanks for the recipe.
Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.