Author Topic: Christmas Street Party food  (Read 7156 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Christmas Street Party food
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 05:29:39 am »
Thinking about it.

They all keep themselves to themselves.

Woukd .i say bing a plate & byo drinks etc. what tf ts really hot?
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 05:34:37 am »
We have fun, easy to organize.  say, grab some nibbles and drinks and join in..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Moptop

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 09:36:04 am »
We have a street Xmas party every year. It is always a great afternoon/evening. Everyone brings something to share and their own chairs and drinks. We even have a piņata for the kids - each household with children supplies a packet of wrapped lollies or chocolate and the piņata is hung from a tree branch and we start with the youngest children first. So that there are no tears the older kids divide the spoils up and everyone gets a little bag of goodies.  If it is really hot we take over someone's garage and partly close the automatic door. If it is not too hot then a game of street cricket is the go. We go inside as soon as the mozzies start dive bombing!

Moptop
You were born to stand out, don't waste your life trying to fit in.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 09:51:12 am »
I wish I lived in your street Moptop ;D

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 02:14:14 am »
Sounds like fun - unfortunately too much traffic on our street & hardly anyone has off street parking, so no garages. Pity, I'm sure we'd get good numbers there's plenty of families in our block & some lovely older people too.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 02:16:55 am »
Moptop sounds great.

All oldies here, all kids left home & moved  to cheaper areas.

Thinking, but doubt it.

Would love more kids in the street.

Next door is building, i think they have 2 teenage girls, would have been great if they had boys.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 02:33:11 am »
There are 11 kids in 4 houses, close to us,
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 02:43:08 am »
I grew up in a cul-de-sac with loads of kids. We didn't have a street party but we did do the progressive dinner, quite fashionable in the 60's early 70's. It was spread over 5 houses. Mum wasn't much of a cook and always stressed when it was our turn to host the main meal, which I only think happened about twice. She was much more comfortable with dessert and she mostly bought those.  :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 09:00:53 am »
We organise a "street" party each year. Flyers are dropped into about 170 letter boxes and the venue alternates each year from the local tennis club and the surf club, both of which are licensed and happy to earn some money. Everyone loves it and they get to meet people from around the block etc. Everyone brings a plate to share. At the door people write their names on a sticker and put it on. People love it!

We then have a more casual one for direct neighbors and bring a chair, plate, bottle and plonk ourselves in the little park across the road. We had it on Xmas eve a couple of years ago (never again!)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand