Author Topic: LSA  (Read 15686 times)

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
Re: LSA
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 01:17:02 pm »
Hey
I found an organic supplier in hobart but I reckon their freight might be a killer.  I might think about getting it delivered to friends in Hbt and DH can get it when he gets down there.

If you want anything from the grain grocer I can get it for you and bring to the class.  They have a website with their products listed and pricing.  There is also another place in town that has organic wheat, I'll check them out when next in town.

N

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 02:17:01 am »
Hey
I found an organic supplier in hobart but I reckon their freight might be a killer.  I might think about getting it delivered to friends in Hbt and DH can get it when he gets down there.

If you want anything from the grain grocer I can get it for you and bring to the class.  They have a website with their products listed and pricing.  There is also another place in town that has organic wheat, I'll check them out when next in town.

N

Thanks Narelle.  I've found the hardest part of changing my family's diet to be sourcing ingredients.  Some things I think I will just have to buy off the internet - although I hate paying the postage.  Hopefully things will change in the future and it won't be so hard to find wholesome, healthy ingredients in smaller towns and cities.  A bit of competition would be nice also - I just couldn't bring myself to pay $7.50 for 200g of organic dried spelt pasta last week in our health food store.
Chelsea  :)

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 03:35:48 am »
it won't be so hard to find wholesome, healthy ingredients in smaller towns and cities.

Yes the price we pay living here.  I'm trying to buy local, near impossible for some stuff.  Some prices just make things near impossible.  I'll keep looking and asking around. 

N

Offline agpest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 06:36:42 pm »
I have used flaxseed meal (linseed) for about 5 years. Once ground it is best kept in the freezer where it will keep for a long time. The whole seed will keep in the frig for several months but can be frozen. Now that I have the THX I will grind my own.  If you have a vacuum canister ( like a Food Saver)  that would be good for keeping lsa fresh but it would still have to be stored in the frig.
From the desert,
Gayle

Offline HeyMcJude

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 12:53:39 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I was very excited to make my own LSA last night - it was one of the things that had immediately jumped to mind when I saw Thermie for the first time.
Thanks for the guidelines.
Jude  ;D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 04:33:10 am »
It is great - and so much cheaper !! Thanks again for the brush tip  :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.