Author Topic: Hard Lotion Bar  (Read 18795 times)

Offline Mashley

• View Profile
Re: Hard Lotion Bar
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 01:23:32 am »
Thanks so much for the Aussie soap supplies link Nay. I had been looking for zinc oxide powder, as I have a baby on the way and love to use it on their bottoms, but all the ones in stores have a talc base. I only found suppliers who sold it in 25kg to 1 ton lots until now.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 06:18:33 am »
Welcome Mashley.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 12:50:33 am »
Your welcome Mashley - I think I got the link off someone else on here - maybe Quirky Jo. Welcome to forum and all the best with bub.  ;)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 02:47:56 pm »
I put the Aussie Soaps link up a while ago for someone looking for Virgin Coconut Oil. They're my favourite distributors and have some good recipes on the site as well.

Still don't think I'd go for a Lotion Bar, a bit too greasy for me I think. That said, I've never tried one, so perhaps I'll have to make one and see.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 07:44:43 am »
Ah - yes of course! You were my next best guess.  ;)

Offline NomesFog

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 03:13:29 am »
Oh KJH - I'm loving mine!! Insted of using a cream as body moisturiser you make up this mix that sets like a cake of soap then when needed you rub all over - on contact with body it warms and melts just enough to distribute a layer of shea butter & coconut oil onto your body. Try it!  ;)

if you were in a really hot/humid climate would it just melt on it's own???

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 04:47:23 am »
If very hot, they have to be kept in a cool place or in the fridge. If making them for use in summer, it's suggested reformulating and using more hard butters or beeswax to make a firmer bar.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline NomesFog

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 09:51:42 am »
Thanks megan! hey you're the skinflint lady! how funny...I love your products...esp the face lotion :) will be ordering some more next month when I get back from our holiday :)  ;D