Author Topic: Jamie's 15 Minute Meals  (Read 34937 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Jamie's 15 Minute Meals
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2013, 10:34:31 am »
Thanks again Gert, I'm really looking forward to getting this book but won't be getting to the shop until the weekend now.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2013, 11:21:07 am »
No, I'm not 100% but why would you have one when the launch hasn't happened yet Gert  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2013, 02:13:20 pm »
Lol... Hopefully the preordered copies arrive quickly!!!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2013, 03:43:31 am »
Jaime's Chicken Livers with Welsh Rarebit

Really interesting and different. DH loved it . I used homemade lemon and orange marmalade and my own yogurt. I had to run up to Dan Murphy's as. I discovered not so dear DH  had drunk the last of the Marsala. And I added a bit of Tenina's umami paste. This is the sort of meal it is good for.

Jaime's

Mine

Gert
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:52:49 am by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2013, 04:13:05 am »
I don't mind chicken livers Gert but have only ever had them in days gone by when we used to get the giblets with a chicken and I used to put them in my chicken soup.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2013, 05:28:18 am »
Not something I would make or eat, but I'm loving how well you are going cooking from this book Gert. Your meals are looking the same if not better than Jamies

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2013, 05:39:55 am »
Thanks wonder. The recipe did not appeal to me at all but I thought I would give it a go and it was, agai.n, full of interesting flavours and took only a few minutes to cook. The thing about these meals is there is absolutely no stress to get off your bum while drinking a glass of while watching the news and reading a book becUse you know you can put a meal on the table in a few minutes.

You would not have known these were chicken livers if I had not told you. Nothing like liver at all.  I don't know what the Welsh Rarebit had to do with it but it was good for mopping up the yummy sauce. The salad had a nice tang and balanced the meal perfectly.

Might make Chorizo Carbonara tomorrow as I have a new expensive chorizo Pamplona to o try.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2013, 11:33:36 am »
Thanks Gert for another recipe suggestion. I can't abide liver of any nature so I won't be making this one.  :'( :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2013, 01:32:17 pm »
I adore Jamie's 15 and 30 Minute Meals. Except the 15 minute ones seem to take me at least half an hour and the 30 minute ones around and hour and a half!

All delicious flavours and, as Gert says, things you usually have in your fridge or pantry.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2013, 07:48:39 pm »
Thanks Gert for another recipe suggestion. I can't abide liver of any nature so I won't be making this one.  :'( :'(

Ii guess you would not like the offer I had yesterday then Cookie. The owner of a brand new food shop in Cairns told me he had just taken delivery of 440 gms of foie gras and did I want some. He has 4 packets of 110 gms at $40 each. I was soooooooo tempted but the thought of driving I to the city put me off. Too many crazy people out there. It was bad enough negotiating the highway up to Dan Murphy's to get the damn Marsala for DH's lunch.

Gert

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2013, 08:25:03 pm »
Gert, I read you post to my DD and she couldn't stop laughing and has now decided that's the book she will cook from when she is on cooking duty over the holidays purely froma time perspective and knowing she won't get in trouble when I get home from work and dinners not started - my trip home is 15 mins away and I always text to say I'm on my way!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2013, 08:44:02 pm »
Your DD's will love it. Good book for learner cooks as he tells you what to do first to get the timing right. For experienced I cooks I would say read it through first as the text can distracting and you might put the salad ingredients in the pot  instead.

Gert

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2013, 12:59:01 am »
Gretchen, thank you so much for the inspiration to use this book!  I got a copy several months ago, and have never made anything from it.  Thanks to your posts, this book is now getting some serious use  :-*
Karen in Adelaide

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2013, 02:13:41 am »
That is great Karen. Stand by for the chorizo carbonara maybe Sunday. Had to postpone that as I have some smoked eel I want to cook today with pasta.

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2013, 07:29:51 am »

Ii guess you would not like the offer I had yesterday then Cookie. The owner of a brand new food shop in Cairns told me he had just taken delivery of 440 gms of foie gras and did I want some. He has 4 packets of 110 gms at $40 each. I was soooooooo tempted but the thought of driving I to the city put me off. Too many crazy people out there. It was bad enough negotiating the highway up to Dan Murphy's to get the damn Marsala for DH's lunch.

Gert

True, can't stand pâté either! Unless it is salmon or similar. I once prepared all the chicken livers etc and made some. I still couldn't eat it. You may have my share Gert.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/