Author Topic: How to get the thermi bug back :(  (Read 13847 times)

Offline GiloKez

• View Profile
How to get the thermi bug back :(
« on: April 06, 2012, 02:43:12 am »
When I first bought this machine years ago I was using it every single day. Now I've lost my thermi mojo :(
I am wondering whether you all go through this?
What do you do to get it back?
I've tried doing new recipes in it off the forum but they have not turned out. Nothing is turning out in it :( I think my thermi can feel my energy and she's not happy with me :)

Any tips on what to do?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to get the thermi bug back :(
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 03:10:04 am »
What a pity this has happened GiloKez.  If I lose my mojo in the kitchen it is only because I don't feel hungry or cannot be bothered cooking anything - it is never because I lose my TMX mojo.  I still use my machine for 99% of my cooking.  I am surprised you are not getting any satisfaction from forum recipes - have you seen this list of favourite recipes from CP?  I can vouch for most of them, they are favourites of mine too.  Check out this new section where we review recipes from all the available TMX books.  Lately we have some non-head office released books, most with full colour pictures of every recipe. Look for For Food's Sake, Quick Fix in the Thermomix, Dinner Spinners, In the Mix (a HO supported recipe book) and Rainbow Recipes (without pictures and for vegans).  Any recipe ever made from these books is listed there, just click on a recipe to read the reviews.
My final piece of advice to to make sure the TMX is sitting on your bench and not in a cupboard and please do spend some time on this forum as it is the greatest way to get back into using your machine.  In chit chat we have 2 sections, What are you Cooking Today and What's for Dinner - you have to be inspired if you see the beautiful photos posted there by some of our members. Good luck and let us know if things improve.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 03:18:11 am »
Do you have any friends with a TM? I'd suggest a cooking day with a friend or two.  If you can get to a class, that's always a great inspiration.
You could also book a Varoma demo with your consultant.
I hope you find some inspiration soon!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 03:28:18 am »
GiloKez,  this is very sad. I find that when I am not happy with myself,  I don't cook well and everything fails. When I am on top of the world,  then everything is a success.  Like Judy says,  look through the pictures on the Forum, pick a special little treat that you would like and have a go at this. Let us know how you go.

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 03:34:00 am »
Oh what a shame that you have lost your Mojo.  I have a small group of friends for dinner tomorrow and so far today have made profiteroles (in the freezer now so as to be fresh for tomorrow)  and the chocolate sauce to go with them.  Will make the custard tomorrow but do have TMX ice cream in the freezer if I change my mind. Salmon pate ,chocolate hot cross buns. no fuss bread rolls and refrigerator cookies.  Sorry everyone have not worked out how to put your links in yet but these are all recipes from the Forum.  Tomorrow one of my friends who also owns a TMX is bringing hers along  and the boys are going to make Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto while the girls sip champagne.  Sort of dueling TMX's I think.  Should be fun and relaxing.
Just wondering if you have a friend with a TMX who might do something similar with you and both inspire each other?  Do hope that the zest returns soon and I agree that the Forum is a great place for inspiration or just a chat to get it off your chest.  Have a safe and Happy Easter and good luck.  :) :)
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline GiloKez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 05:37:11 am »
Oh thank you so much ladies I am hoping that buzz comes back soon. I thought I'd go back to basics and just made myself a very beautiful cauliflower soup for lunch. Maybe I need to go back to basics for awhile.
I have still been cooking but just not in the thermi :(

Judy she's always on the bench never in a cupboard:) thank you for the links will check them out ....

I don't know anyone with one so I'll have to hang out on this forum a bit more often. How can such a strong passion of something become so stale.

Thanks again girls :)

Offline GiloKez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 05:39:43 am »
Oh wow judy just had a quick squiz great links hope this brings me back to life :) xxx

I'll have a proper look this arvo xxx

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 06:17:55 am »
GiloKez I hope you find a new love of your TM that will stay with you for a long time.
I think just being part of this forum is a huge help with inspirations from other members.
I quiet often read other peoples recipes or review and get a sudden urge to try it as well and report back.

Do you cook just for yourself or for a family?

Maybe starting back at some basics could get you started again. And successful recipes to get back your confidents in the TM.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 07:39:00 am »
We will get your Mojo back, just wait and see  :-*
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 08:43:04 am »
There are a few of us who have been there but its usually associated with other stuff going on i. Your life as others have mentioned.. Trick is finding the recipes that inspire you.. Also for me photos always help and always check reviews on here of recipes as often it avoids any recipes going wrong
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 10:33:08 am »
Golikez that is sad, but I do think I understand. At times I have felt that I just can't be bothered. It's easier to have a grill and salad. My suggestion is just pick one or two things from the forum and perhaps have a photo and make them. Give us your feedback about how they went.  Your soup sounded lovely. It has been the weather for soup, but it is going to warm up tomorrow.
We all have failures. Have a look at some of these here.
This is a personal best here.  You'll need to scroll down a bit to see my holey cake.
Let us know how you go with your next TMX adventure. If you don't want to put it on the forum pm someone. Good luck.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 10:41:43 am »
 cookie1, the caramel, date and banana loaf sounds great, have u made it again ?

Offline GiloKez

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 10:44:02 am »
Ok I'm on a mission ladies.
I am going to use this machine everyday this week just like I use to.
Thank you so much for all these helpful replies. I will update:)

You are right maybe I do have a bit going on. It's called up all night with baby and no sleep haha so a tuna salad is just easier.

Ok here goes .......

Xxxxx

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 10:47:25 am »
now we know who took your MOJO  ;D

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 11:38:19 am »
Ahh totally understandable then.. Babies zap the life out of us as much as we would do anything for them.. First take care of yourself.. Your mojo will return with your energy level lol..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/