Author Topic: Plain Yoghurt - TM5 The basic Australian Cookbook P70  (Read 2458 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Plain Yoghurt - TM5 The basic Australian Cookbook P70
« on: April 17, 2015, 04:04:04 pm »
I used Woolies plain brand UHT milk for about 93c, used the Jalna natural Greek yogurt, used the optional cream, used the optional milk powder, added optional sugar. Started it in the morning and finished late in the arvo ( I will not get up in the middle of the night for a tub of yoghurt) That said, after I had spooned it into the jars there were leftovers and it was - delightful"  I WILL  make it again, and give it a 5/5
Linked CC
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 04:10:56 pm by Cornish Cream »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
Re: Plain Yoghurt - TM5 The basic Australian Cookbook P70
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 06:07:27 am »
I made this similarly, using Jalna yoghurt, and cream. I put it on really late, around midnight, so it went off at a reasonable hour of the morning. I was quite pleased with how it turned out, although next time I will try putting a bit less milk in as others have said elsewhere that it will make it a bit creamier/thicker if you don't put in a whole litre. I'll make it again, definitely. It's sort of sourish, greek yoghurt style, but there's also a hint of sweetness, so it's easily switched to a sweeter yoghurt if you stick some yummy jam, or honey, or similar into it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Plain Yoghurt - TM5 The basic Australian Cookbook P70
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 11:45:44 am »
That's good news Sarah.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/