Author Topic: Perthie needs a thermomix....now!!  (Read 18826 times)

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
Re: Perthie needs a thermomix....now!!
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 03:16:57 pm »
Selling stuff on eBay is a great suggestion - I'm in Perth and I can tell you furniture does well on ebay. I paid for mine by saving shopping money, putting whatever I could into a separate account till I had enough. Originally I was saving for a holiday in Bali, but after going to a demo, Bali went on the back burner (pun intended!).

As for doubling the recipe, I make bolognaise sauce in industrial (well almost) quantities as we eat so much of it, so still do it on the stove but use the thermomix to do all the chopping and make the pasta sauce from fresh ingredients. Just made a vat of it this afternoon.

Hope your Mum is coping without it!!!

cheers

cottchick

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 10:39:48 pm »
Regardling lunchbox ideas, check out this thread.  Lot's of great ideas that should inspire you.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 02:50:20 am »
Cottchick I agree about furniture on ebay here. My SIL sold a heap of stuff that I called junk (and so did she) on ebay and got reasonable prices for it. She was thrilled, much better than a trip to the tip.
I had a laugh re the 'vat' of bolognaise.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 06:33:31 am »
Thanks JudyDawn, i only used half the salt in the veg stock, but it still didnt freeze properly.  Yes, i have lost my ice block trays for a while.
Cornish cream, i'm not sure if hubby is won over yet because i've only just started using it again.  My son has been in hospital for the past 2 weeks so i've been back and forth to the hospital and everyone else had to fend for themselves!! He's home now so its back to normal.
Ive made a soup today and the too easy choc cake (which really is so easy).  Im just going to have a look to see what i can make for dinner!
My Mum and Dad come home in just under 2 weeks and then they are moving house so i reckon i've still got another 3-4 weeks up my sleeve!!!
 ;D
Julia

Offline nelleraye

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 06:58:02 am »
after seeing a demo it took me and my DH around 6months to decide that dipping into our "baby savings fund" would be a great idea. (the TM will benefit the family anyway!) so we did and I was so excited!!
I think you just need to work out what you feel comfortable paying and go with that. Try not to do something you will regret later!! Good luck ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 07:04:07 am »
Hope you son is doing OK hools003. Make the most of the TMX before your parents want it back, stock up the fridge with cakes etc.  The last lot of vegie stock concentrate I made, I put some in a small jar and kept in the fridge and the rest I froze in a ziplock bag as I can just scoop out a tablespoon or whatever at a time when I need it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 10:04:16 am »
So sorry to hear that your son has been in hospital hools003.I'm sure your TM cooking will add to a speedy recovery for him.It's good news that you will have the TM for a few extra weeks while your parents move house.Fingers crossed that your DH will be won over by wonderful cooking in the next few weeks. ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2010, 02:55:49 pm »
Hi everyone,

Well, hopefully tomorrow or Friday, my new thermomix is being delivered!!!  Guess who is a little over excited???  I really cant wait and am already thinking of all the yummy things to make.  I really missed my mums thermomix when i gave it back after they got home from their holiday.  Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, Mum and Dad came over with an envelope and handed it to us.  There was enough for a thermomix and a lilttle bit more!!!  I have got the best parents in the world!!
I get the Indian cookbook too, which is a bonus!  Can anyone recommend any other cookbooks?  I believe the vegetarian one is good too!   

Sooooooooooooooooooooo happy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Julia x

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2010, 03:11:17 pm »
What wonderful parents to give you the means to buy the TM that you have wanted for so long.What are you going to make first?The cookbook, Meat on the Menu gets good reviews on here.I've just bought it, as it's available here now.I do like the Indian Cookbook, I have made quite a few things from the book.I get a lot of pleasure from cooking the recipes from the forum, there are great cooks on here who have posted wonderful recipes. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 01:17:58 am »
What lovely parents you have, you lucky lady. I hope you have lots of fun with the TMX. I can understand your excitement.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 02:50:19 am »
Thats great news Julia. I would happily buy my boys a TMX if they wanted one when they move out. I know it's a good investment in their future health.
I quite like the Budget Busters book. I haven't actually made a lot from it but it's had some good reviews and i have several recipes on my "to do" list. The $4 mud cakes is great and I made the cinnamon icecream  yesterday (tasted pretty good) and will serve it tonight with an apple crumble. Really love the Indian book & also the Meat on the Menu but the forum is the place i find myself turning to for inspiration. The recipes on here are sensational and they "work"
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 02:52:45 am »
Congrats -I agree that the Indian is good too
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline JuJu

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 10:35:41 am »
Hi Julia

That is sooo lovely of your parents to buy you a thermomix. I'm brand spanking new to this forum but I've been reading it for about six weeks since I saw my first demo. I'm happy to report that I too will become a new Perth Thermomix owner on Saturday evening at 7pm!! Cant wait til its delivered and I'm already thinking of all the things I can make in it!!!

Sooo excited.  ;D

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 03:11:33 am »
Thank you everyone for your replies....well todays the day!!! only 1 & half hours to wait!
I think my consultant is bringing a few books for me to have a look at, but ill probably just stick with the edc and indian for the moment.  I was also thinking about the lunchbox one. I'm always stuck for ideas for lunchboxes, but my boys all like different things and 2 of them cant take anything with nuts in!
Hope everyone going to the Perth get together is having fun and lots of pics are taken. It would be good to put faces to names.

Julia

Offline jflim

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2010, 08:01:47 am »
Hi Julia,

Congratulations on your own TMix! :)
A full time nanny who prefers cooking from scratch, usually cooks with whatever's within reach, bad at measurements but good at fixing & trying to manage 3 blogs when time permits ;) Do drop in when you can...... :)
http://www.blogger.com/profile/15640963317739722936