Author Topic: My husband is terrible...  (Read 20521 times)

Offline HellyBelly

• View Profile
My husband is terrible...
« on: December 04, 2009, 09:13:33 am »
... at keeping secrets! We were on the phone today having a random conversation about tennis, and he suddenly blurts out, "I ordered you a Thermomix this morning for Christmas!" Poor guy, he's never been able to keep a surprise secret as long as I've known him!

My name is Helen, I live in Kalgoorlie, WA, and I'm totally excited to be a getting a TM soon!!! Anyone know how many days it takes to arrive?
yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum...

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: My husband is terrible...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 09:16:59 am »
Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas!! ;D ;D ;D What a lovely DH  :-* it is 3 - 5 working days in Perth not sure about Kal??
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline HellyBelly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 09:25:02 am »
Hi Meagan - it's usually pretty safe to tack on an extra few days if something's coming here ;)

And YES - what a great gift for Christmas - because now I have something to make all my cookie dough in! My old blender has started making very sad noises in the last few days, so his timing is great. :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 09:27:59 am »
Hi HellyBelly. Welcome to you and how wonderful is that husband of yours.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 10:08:40 am »
Hi Helen, what a lucky girl you are :D :D  I could never keep secrets either when I was younger and always bought something, gave it to them immediately then had to go out and get something else.  Don't know how many times I did that before Christmas Day even arrived but it worked out a rather expensive habit.  Thankfully I grew out of it.  Welcome to the forum, get ready for your TMX by doing lots of reading from this site - you will find it very interesting and it will be hard to drag yourself away at times.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline HellyBelly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 10:35:59 am »
thanks Gretchen and Judy. Is it just me or is this forum full of aussies? :D Yeah, I am very thankful for what I am about to recieve (sounds like saying grace) DH is very sweet. Mind you, he'll probably reap most of the benefits!

I've been hearing about how badly done the cookbook is - is this true? A lot of people say that they just go off forum recipes now. That's slightly a bummer - what about the other cookbooks, like the Raw one?

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 10:44:18 am »
Hi HellyBelly
Congrats on the fantastic Christmas present.  Everyone has a different opinion on the cookbook(s), like most things in life.  It depends on what foods you like, your style of cooking, any allergies you might have........

Personally, I love the forum and haven't bought any additional cookbooks.  I find the forum is lots of peoples tried and true recipes, and the reviews are a really, really big guide.  And it's free, as long as you don't consider the time cruising - but it's my down time so doesn't count.

So I'd stick with the forum recipes.  And once you're confident to start converting your old favourites, you'll be laughing!
Cathy
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 11:51:23 am »
Welcome Hellybelly - yep there's alot of Aussies around here. As Cathy said it's personal choice and lifestyle but I think the EDC (everyday cookbook that comes with TMX) is a great starting point - it has 200 basic recipes that have been updated recently. But at the same time this forum is fantastic for a quick reference or help with any recipe. In fact if you want a recipe you just ask and virtually seconds later you have people falling over themselves from all over the world to help you out. Hope to hear about your conversion recipes.  ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 12:03:04 pm »
You obviously heard correct Helen.  You need the basic cookbook that comes with the machine but you will be kept busy for a long time if you print out some recipes from the forum.  As Cathy said, they are tried and true and often have reviews.  I love to convert my own recipes too so am never short of something new to try.  Having said that, I still have quite a few cookbooks but often wonder why I buy them as I have so many recipes in my 'to do' file I really don't need anymore books. Have always been addicted to cookbooks though.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 12:14:48 pm »
Welcome Helen. I think you are our first Kal person. What a lovely Christmas gift, made even better by the fact that you can now anticipate it as well.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 12:27:47 pm »
Welcome Hellybelly - looks like there is still gold in Kalgoorlie - in the form of your DH  :-* :-* :-*

There are a lot of good recipes in the cookbook.  But always chop and cook for less than it says and adjust.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 02:19:04 pm »
Welcome Hellybelly. What a lovely Dh you have. Hope you enjoy your TMX and this forum
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 03:25:54 pm »
Yes, your DH is terribl.....y nice.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 10:46:40 pm »
LOL I love it! Welcome to the forum. You will love your DH for ever more!!! My DH was just about as nice, he heard about the TMX and came home and told me that he thought we needed one  ;D ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline HellyBelly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 01:35:43 am »
Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone! This seems like such a nice place to hang out. I spent hours last night looking through all my existing recipe books for ones I could try converting to make in the TM. Still no sign of it.... I'm hanging out!