Author Topic: Sunshine Balls - Sarah McGill - Lunch Box & After School Ideas  (Read 5957 times)

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
Another great recipe - nut free so perfect for school lunch boxes and no sugar - other than the natural sugar in the raisins and dates. Great recipe for fussy eaters - my 5 yr old DD loves them and loves to help rolling them in the coconut. Lots of natural goodness in the dates, bananas and orange juice.

It is a very moist mixture so I roll it between two teaspoons before passing it over to my DD to roll in the coconut.

Tip - I use a silicon spatula with most of my cooking with Ted as it is flexible and can get out so much under the blades - less waste. These can be bought at Kmart, Big W etc if you aren't familiar with them.

Thanks Sarah for a terrific recipe.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Sunshine Balls - Sarah McGill - Lunch Box & After School Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 05:18:56 am »
Thx for the review and tip about the silicon spatula.  I love them rather than the standard TM monster.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 07:52:20 am »
Me too. I actually have colour coded ones. Pink  is for sweet mixes, green for curry things and blue for savoury.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline jsthermie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 05:24:11 am »
We've made a couple of batches of these balls recently - makes quite a few - over 40 walnut sized balls! But we found them to be quite squishy.

It has been warm weather wise here so I tweaked things a little bit - added extra coconut - 10g and extra rolled oats - 25g so they weren't quite so sticky.

Mix stays warm for quite a while - so plan ahead to make the mix and cool down in the fridge before making balls.

Use wet fingers to shape balls.

BEST OF ALL - these balls freeze really well! So we freeze them on a tray and once frozen, pop them into a container (freezing them first just as you would berries stops them from freezing in a clump) or ziplock bag. Then pop a couple frozen balls into child's lunchbox and they'll defrost and hopefully not be too squishy by snack time!

Offline Tam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 07:25:25 am »
could someone please send me the recipe for these? They sound delish!!!!!!
Thanks! :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 09:38:33 am »
Will do Tam.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline BecciM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 12:54:38 pm »
These are a firm favourite for all 4 of my kids, they love them. A double batch will be lucky to last a week. Such a great recipe as I know there is nothing 'bad' in them, they are healthy and taste yummy. Brilliant!!