Author Topic: Curious Information  (Read 7178 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Curious Information
« on: February 24, 2023, 05:50:50 am »
I just had a look at who was on the forum and what they were looking at. I was the only member. There were 5 people registering to become members, interesting as we rarely get new members. What surprised me was the number of people (20-30) who were looking at the profile of others. Some members had 3 or 4 others looking at their profile. I wonder why? Do people use the forum as a source of emails to send spam to?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Curious Information
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 07:01:46 am »
That is indeed curious, Cookie.  Not really sure what to make of the 'profiling' - hopefully it is not happening with nefarious intent.  For myself, touch wood, I don't think I have received any emails as a result of an unknown person looking at me on the forum.  It might be something to be aware of nonetheless. 

If they are genuine, it will be good to have new members coming along.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 07:03:45 am »
I’ve often looked at that info too cookie but I was under the impression that only the Moderators, MM and Admin have access to our email addresses.  I have seen many members messaging other members (none of whom have ever posted on the forum) and I can only assume, rightly or wrongly, that people use forums like ours to communicate with people in secret.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 07:07:45 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 07:51:59 am »
I looked at that info just a few minutes ago. :)  I was curious to see when I first received my tm31.    As Vorwerk will no longer be keeping spare parts for my machine after 2024  I needed to know when I received mine.  There is an offer at the moment  to trade in the tm31 for a tm6, but I don't want to do that so will buy another bowl and some extra parts and look into having mine serviced, hopefully that will be enough.  I like my tm31 too much to part with it as it has been a good machine.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 08:26:00 am »
I had mine overhauled last year Margaret as I’ve no intention of buying a later model at this stage of my life when I hardly cook at all.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 06:27:00 pm »
I am disappointed to hear that the TM31 will no longer be supported after 2024.  I recently had mine serviced and I am positive I never received my own machine back so I would suggest that you take notes of the serial number and any other pertinent information of your '31 before you send it for a service.

Like you and Judy, I am not keen to trade in / swap my good old 31 in so long as it continues to work, and, apart from my disappointment at possibly getting the wrong one back after service, I have no reason to spend money on another machine.  If mine wears out or gives trouble then I will look at making a change then.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023, 11:25:12 am »
I sort of don’t feel the trade in very good. Only $300 off, with a new slicer. I feel people who still have a 31 love their machines and are very capable when using them. So really why trade up to a machine that does things for you.
When my 31 dies, that will be it. It has more than paid for itself. I will still have the 5 and 6. 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2023, 07:10:56 pm »
I’m not sure if this is relevant but since shifting and meeting new people, I’ve recommended the Forum to a lot of people.
Marina, I’m pretty sure I didn’t get my machine back when I had it serviced.
My GD now has my 31. She sends me photos of what she cooks with it. I gave it to my DIL , she had it serviced and passed it on.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2023, 08:00:45 am »
I often suggest the forum to a lot of people too Chookie. Mainly online. I get a little cross with people who say, "I have just got a TM 6, what are your favourite things to cook?" I suggest it then. I always say that there are tasty, easy recipes on here with often reviews of them. So many people are getting too used to the guided cooking. However I guess as long as people cook. ;D ;D ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2023, 09:15:54 pm »
There is so much free advice and amazing recipes on the Forum . You only have to look at the number of hits on the most popular recipes.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2023, 11:30:09 pm »
Sometimes I just love to browse through a section of recipes, not so much looking for things to cook but it brings back many happy memories of when the forum was so alive and active, recipes you forgot existed and remembering people that have fallen by the wayside.  I did the breakfast section recently.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2023, 03:07:36 am »
Hello Judy, I haven't been on for a while, But I am bout to make brownies.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2023, 04:29:53 am »
Obbie so nice to see you on here . Enjoy the brownies . I remember being locked out and found it quiet hard to get back in . But now a days you just have to set up a new profile I suppose.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2023, 05:03:31 am »
Hi Katie,  No i have just been so slack, kids are grown up, sometimes home, mostly not, at work.
Hopefully we semi retire soon, and more time using my Thermo.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2023, 01:29:54 pm »
Hi Robyn, I could never imagine you not cooking something every day but, as demand wains I can assure you that we all get there sooner or later. The living alone syndrome or restricted dietary requirements play a big part in our lack of enthusiasm for cooking.  Nice to see you pop in.