Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 8022263 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #2655 on: August 05, 2012, 07:02:53 am »
lots of chairs is normal Amy. In NQ people drop over always, we entertain outside on decks, or verandahs always...

Yesterday ay I had kids everywhere, next weekend I will have 20 + kids, and about 15 parents to feed...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #2656 on: August 05, 2012, 07:04:58 am »
What are you making for the party Robyn?

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: August 05, 2012, 07:07:25 am »
lots of chairs is normal Amy. In NQ people drop over always, we entertain outside on decks, or verandahs always...

That sounds nice Robyn :) We rarely have visitors so we only have six chairs. And they don't even get used because mum and step-dad sit in front of the TV to eat dinner. I get lonely at the table by myself so I often sit in my room and browse the forum so I feel like I have company :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: August 05, 2012, 07:11:36 am »
I have not thought much as yet Michelle.

Birthday cake, cup cakes, laming tons, Dips/cheese/ biccies for adults, chicken balls. Thai fish balls.

jelly in cups with choc frogs, sausage rolls for kids, popcorn, chips, lollies of course..  :)

i have to do kids food, and adult nibbles, as most parents will stay for kids party.

Plus Drinks for kids and adults.. We live only 10 minutes from town, but parents wont drive twice..

Lots of good finger food.
 :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #2659 on: August 05, 2012, 07:15:38 am »
Sounds really good Robyn.

I would use the won't drive twice excuse too if I was being fed that well.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: August 05, 2012, 07:43:51 am »
That is so bad mcmich. Not right.

Amy I was a mean  mother and we always ate together at the table with no TV. We still eat at the table but sometimes TV.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #2661 on: August 05, 2012, 07:48:47 am »
I was mean mum too, table, no T.V.
I eat dinner on my own most nights as DH works but on days off we eat lunch together, outside at the table, catch up time.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: August 05, 2012, 07:57:41 am »
Morning all.
My DD loves the fact we all eat together at the table. It has to be very special to have trays. Like an Olympics final!
Or sometimes o n a Sunday night if just DH and I we might have trays.
As she is on long shifts at present and eats at 8.30pm I just sit with her at the kitchen table  and we catch up on the day. She is home normal time tonight so we'll have a roast dinner. I think she will miss the company when she leaves home properly  for her new job mid sept. We will miss her too. She has come and gone a lot in the last 5 yrs but this is the BIG step.

DD said many of her generation have not had family meals. But a farming life is very dependent on meals, lots of them, and life happens and lots of discussions around the table. She has stayed with school friends too and found they never use a table, or everyone eats at separate times and found it very strange.

mcmich

« Reply #2663 on: August 05, 2012, 08:01:42 am »
That is so bad mcmich. Not right.

Amy I was a mean  mother and we always ate together at the table with no TV. We still eat at the table but sometimes TV.

Gert
Only joking Gert and a compliment to Robyn on her fine fare. Haven't had to drop the children off at a party in many a year.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: August 05, 2012, 08:08:03 am »
I was mean mum too, table, no T.V.
I eat dinner on my own most nights as DH works but on days off we eat lunch together, outside at the table, catch up time.

Well if that counts as a mean mum, then I am one too!! Meals at the table with each other for company and conversation - no tv, no computer, no paper or books.  :)
:D

mcmich

« Reply #2665 on: August 05, 2012, 08:13:28 am »
Lovely astarra. Nice to make family memories and then like C.P. you can be proud of how your children like to spend time with each other.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: August 05, 2012, 08:20:17 am »
Morning all.
My DD loves the fact we all eat together at the table. It has to be very special to have trays. Like an Olympics final!
Or sometimes o n a Sunday night if just DH and I we might have trays.
As she is on long shifts at present and eats at 8.30pm I just sit with her at the kitchen table  and we catch up on the day. She is home normal time tonight so we'll have a roast dinner. I think she will miss the company when she leaves home properly  for her new job mid sept. We will miss her too. She has come and gone a lot in the last 5 yrs but this is the BIG step.

DD said many of her generation have not had family meals. But a farming life is very dependent on meals, lots of them, and life happens and lots of discussions around the table. She has stayed with school friends too and found they never use a table, or everyone eats at separate times and found it very strange.

I find it very sad that some kids have no conversation skills, have not a clue what is going on in the world not with each other and parents are missing a great  opportunity to get to k now what their own kids are interested in.

My own father was a Journalist and insisted on intelligent conversAtion from a very early age.  Sometimes it was a pain in the ass though.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

• View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: August 05, 2012, 08:20:37 am »
I would love to have a family meal at the table!!! I get lonely in my room and I don't like TV :(

mcmich

« Reply #2668 on: August 05, 2012, 08:33:34 am »
Maybe you will have to organise one Amy.

• View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: August 05, 2012, 08:38:22 am »
It doesn't work like that here DFM :(