Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4546625 times)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9150 on: June 25, 2013, 02:53:10 am »
I dropped off several bags of unwanted goodies to the Salvos yesterday and just had to go inside and have a look and then just had to buy 2 "new" cookbooks...
I need them like a hole in the head, but who could resist?
The Donna Hay book was $5 (still had the original price tag on it - $45!!)
The Slow Food book was $2

Last of the big spenders here!! ;D

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: June 25, 2013, 03:58:53 am »
Afternoon

Good to know gert....

Hope the rain ends soon... Last day of school tomorrow then this weekend flying the kids up to qld then flying back monday.. Follow free me time lol!!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: June 25, 2013, 04:23:41 am »
Great buys Nikkit - of course you had to have them, very few of us would have walked away at that price.

Hope the kids have a great time with their grandparents Kim and that you enjoy a bit of respite once back home too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: June 25, 2013, 06:01:28 am »
Kids should be fine flying Kim.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: June 25, 2013, 06:32:30 am »
You won't know yourself Kim.

I had to buy a new fountain pen today after learning it's going to cost over $100 to have my current one fixed  :( it was a gift from DH a number of years ago but this is the second time it's cracked in the same place and it was only worth around $150 to begin with, so really can't bring myself to have it fixed a second time. I bought a good quality functional one which I'll use until I decide what to do.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: June 25, 2013, 07:56:13 am »
Im sure they would be robyn but this time im flying up and back twice to travel with them.. Not the cheapest option but makes me feel better.. Dont trust alot of ppl when it comes to my kids... Im sure it will get better with time.. See how it all goes as well being up with their grandparents for the first time alone and me adjusting to not having them.. A little bitter sweet at first i think 😁

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: June 25, 2013, 09:00:36 am »
Frozzie how exciting, next time they can travel as unaccompanied minors, in the care of the airline, the stewardesses look after them and they have to be signed in by you and collected by your folks.  They'll love it. I did it as a kid, and so did some of the kids I've nannied for.

You will feel funny the first night, like you lost a limb, but then you adjust. How long are they going for? The more you do it the easier it gets.
By the time mine were 10 and 11 they were criss crossing the country by train on their own ( as a pair) and changing trains. This meant reading noticeboards and changing plAtforms at busy stations. Long journeys too. First time was nail biting but they got good at it. sent them away on a school skiing trip when they were even younger at lambing time one year to give me some respite to do sheep and they came back as a team.  That was a long bus journey each end and plane in the middle.
Planes are much easier that way - put them in one end, get them out the other end.
Fostering independence is a vital part of a child's education and skill set, something that nowadays is often overlooked. By the time they were 12 they could travel alone anywhere by train, and this was before the mobile phone age. I don't think I feel any different now while DS is in Canada and he's a grown man!
You will be able to sleep in, watch TV or go to a movie, and just chill. I hope you can make the most of it? Just don't feel guilty, that's the most important thing.
Enjoy xxx

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: June 25, 2013, 09:01:52 am »
Good buys Nikkit.
Kim it will be hard at first but they will be fine. I'm sure you will speak to them often.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: June 25, 2013, 09:32:50 am »
Dj thx .. And cookie

Yes i know i will enjoy the sudden freedom but will worry about them.. They are very much used to travel especially airports etc but not on their own..they have travelled all over the world since thy were babies.. Think will try it next time as its expensive and a bit silly me flying up and back twice but im just a crazy mum who gets a bit of seperation anxiety when her babies are away lol. Im sure they will be fibe.. I have always taught them to be independent just have always been in the background..

Dj i couldnt ever do that.. Kids changing platforms on trains etc.. Just dont trust the nutjobs in our society these days.. I would never forgive myself.. Ds is already asking to walk to school.. Told him its not happening anytime soon lol. He is 7!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: June 25, 2013, 11:02:44 am »
Yay! I won a couple of Women's Weekly cookbooks I think...I don't remember entering the competition, but I must've liked the prizes otherwise I wouldn't enter just for the sake of winning something. Whatever the prize is the curiosity is getting to me already and you can be sure I'll be posting a pic here. *happy dance*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: June 25, 2013, 11:04:30 am »
Congratulations CP.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: June 25, 2013, 11:05:54 am »
Win win CP!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: June 25, 2013, 11:39:11 am »
Well done CP and welcome home

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: June 25, 2013, 11:54:38 am »
Thanks everyone, I'm glad to be back in the fold.
Had a wonderful holiday and whilst I experienced some jet lag today I would do it all again in a flash. Next year Croatia again, and possibly Spain and Portugal.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: June 25, 2013, 02:00:59 pm »
Congrats cp.. Always good to be home:)