Author Topic: Which recipe books are good for converting to GF?  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Busymummy

• View Profile
Which recipe books are good for converting to GF?
« on: May 19, 2012, 06:50:56 am »
Hi all,

I have only had my TMX for 2 weeks now, and due to being sick and family being sick, I really haven't had a real chance to have a good go at using my TMX! Now that I am finally beginning to feel better, I am wanting to really get into cooking more but feel I need more guidance with converting normal recipes to GF for my family. Currently I have the EDC, Indian cookbook and the gluten free cookbook. Am wanting to get the lunchbox  ideas and budget busters. What are any other cookbooks that you can recommend to me? I am needing easy and tasty recipes for a fussy 5 year old (my 2 year old eats pretty much anything!)

Thank you in advance!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Which recipe books are good for converting to GF?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 08:05:41 am »
Have you seen Brazen's blog Busymummy, she cooks GF and you are bound to find recipes to suit there. Here's another GF blog to check out.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 06:47:31 am »
Dear Busymummy,

I am going to give you a link to a page in this forum which doesn't exactly answer your question, but is very relevant to the issue your question addresses:
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=9676.0

On this thread, I have gone through many of the Thermomix recipe books, not with a view to adapting to GF, but simply to scan through and see which recipes are allergy-friendly.

You will be able to see at a glance many recipes which you can use but of course as you're not dealing with all those allergies at once in your family there'll be a lot of additional ones in the publications that will be good for you.

Good luck.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:15:37 am »
Gluten free adaptations are pretty easy once you get used to the TM especially a lot of the meat on the menu, Indian cookbook ones and of course, the gluten free cookbook. If you go to quirky Jo's and brazen's culinary adventures they have great GF suggestions. A lot of the meat on the menu cookbook is gluten free. For  a lot of recipes I only use pure cornflour instead of wheaten cornflour and the only downsides are baking- you can't really substitute GF flour mixes in a lot of recipes. If you go to the special diets section of the forum there are plenty of GF adaptations of standard recipes to browse through. Some of the recipe books eg quick fix in the Thermomix have specific GF recipes and suggestions.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 09:18:06 pm »
Devil of a Cookbook defaults to Gluten-Free and offers tweaks for nonGF.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution