Author Topic: What type of breakfast?  (Read 7708 times)

Offline Yoz

• View Profile
What type of breakfast?
« on: April 03, 2012, 06:20:39 pm »
Hello,
I would like to know what you take for breakfast. I take a coffee, brioche and jam. As this forum several nationality, several habituds are represented, it seems interesting to know your habits. So that you take every morning? If you're in a hurry or if you have time like the weekend for example ?

See you soon

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: What type of breakfast?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 06:37:47 pm »
Yoz, most mornings i will have toast with vegemite or peanut butter with honey or some  cereal in winter i like having porridge

last week my sister gave me tub of  super fresh ricotta so i had that with homemade bread and homemade jam, yum

sometimes on the weekend i will cook a big breakfast, bacon,eggs,tomatoes,mushrooms,baby spinach,baked beans and sausages

ciao
uni
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 09:05:51 pm »
I'm a porridge person - with added extras - grains, protein powder (as I am a vegetarian), blueberries, LSA with Chia.  My husband loves CADA with blueberries for breakfast.  If we have time we occasionally go out for a leisurely breakfast at the weekend and I will nearly always order Eggs Florentine (even though my own home made one is better - this way someone else gets to do the washing up).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:46:01 pm by Cuilidh »
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 09:31:06 pm »
Some times I will have cereal or toast and other times I will have nothing.
My DH will quiet often have a cooked breakfast on a weekend when he has extra time but I have never been able to stomach cooked breakfast at all. The smell even turns me off.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

mcmich

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 09:41:18 pm »
Most mornings it's cereal for me, porridge in winter. Sometimes I have tomato on toast.
At the weekend we usually have a cooked breakfast. Eggs Benedict (DH favourite) or maybe just boiled eggs and soldiers.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 09:57:11 pm »
sorry Yoz i lied , this morning i baked a new bread recipe from nonomix

so i really needed to try it  :-)) 

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 10:11:52 pm »
That looks delicious, Fundj - I'm very envious of your cooking abilities.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 10:21:41 pm »
Thanks Cuilidh . i never made bread or sweets b4 i found this great place to hung out and learn.

still have no luck when it comes to a roast  >:(

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 11:11:29 pm »
Uni, with your cooking skills you could easily cook a roast.  I will help you if you want to have a go , and Judy is a master at using the BBQ for roasts. 

Breakfast here is varied.  I like to make my own muesli or sometimes will try a new bread ,  toasted.  Also, we have plenty of home made jam.  If the GC are staying,  they like pancakes.   We don't often have a cooked breakfast at home.  If we are traveling, and staying at a nice hotel we have the full breakfast,  but then only have 2 meals for the day.  Last week we stared at Rick Steins Lodge at Mollymook and I had smoked kippers for breakfast.  They also had house made French pastries. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 12:10:56 am »
Yoz, this is an interesting discussion. We do have a breakfast section here which you may like to browse for some of our recipes.  If I have this recipe of Breakfast Hash in the fridge, I love to have it for breakfast with or without an egg depending on what time of day it is. Normally though it is a piece of toast with either vegemite or sliced tomatoes or occasionally a bowl of cereal if I am in a hurry and even more occasionally a bowl of porridge.  I do like some of the toasted muesli recipes that have appeared in our latest recipe books here in Australia, For Food's Sake in particular has an absolute little beauty. For more leisurely breakfasts it is quite common here for people to get together for brunch where the meal is far more substantial.  My DH just wants cereal with cold milk every single day of his life - like Dede, he cannot stomach a cooked breakfast but will happily eat a full cooked breakfast for tea  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 01:04:55 am »
Breakfast used to be the most boring meal of the day for me, but thankfully I'm loving it now because I've varied it a little:

Granueslie (Tenina's) & yoghurt
Weetbix smoothie (JD's)
Amy's Super Yummy Breakfast Berry Smoothie (from here)
Egg on toast
Burcher Muesli (in winter)
Porridge cooked in the MW (in winter)
Vegemite on toast if kids have eaten everything
Cooked breakfast on the weekend (courtesy of DH)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:38:57 pm by CreamPuff63 »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 01:35:07 am »
I eat dried fruit and nuts for breakfast with some milk ( as if it was cereal ) 
Chookie you should put it "out there " when your tripping around I live in the Mollymook area I would have loved to catch up.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 03:43:23 am »
Normally I have 2 coffees and toast. Avocados on toast at the moment.
Weekends its a full cooked break fast.

Robyn ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 05:30:26 am »
Deeau,  rush trip to Canberra to see Renaissance Exhibition.  Will be coming your way again in late June.  Staying at Durras South .  Might be able to meet somewhere close. ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 06:12:41 am »
I have the same breakfast almost everyday of the year. A bowl of sultana bran with a spoonful of physillium husks and cold milk. A glass of juice and a cup of tea. In winter I may have porridge. I really enjoy this for breakfast as I read the paper.
When we are in big hotels I pig out on the lovely food, but then miss lunch as I don't need it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/