Author Topic: A few nasty words about the Thermomix.  (Read 28435 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: A few nasty words about the Thermomix.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 04:10:18 am »
I have read most of the thread not all of it - unbelievable, some of the comments they were making is absurd as they don't even own one! I did laugh at some of the comments - also I didn't like all the swearing, not necessary.

The price was an issue with us, yes its a lot of money, but once bought you start to reap the health and financial rewards.

TM best used kitchen appliance in our house.

Hally
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 04:35:32 am »
it frustrates me how people can be so negative about something they really dont know much about and its only because of the price... would they sneer at a $2000 tv or computer or something like that? they just think all this talk of healthy foods and additive free cooking is a load of rubbish, let them believe wat they want, i know the difference my tm has made for this family...
Emma from Victoria

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 07:04:06 am »
think it is written tongue in cheek, and meant to amuse more than anything  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 07:26:42 am »
Not  too long ago people where saying the same about mirowave ovens
The cost of mine was $1200 back in the 80s my family and friends would say I was mad to spend all of that money . I still have it!!!!

ciao
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline salval

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 11:41:02 am »
I'm sure a couple of those people have attended my demos  :-X :D

As mentioned by em, I too am sometimes a bit surprised to hear such negativity about the price when (a) some haven't even seen it being demonstrated and (b) - and this is the biggie - some people think absolutely nothing of spending that same amount of money on golf clubs / flat screen TV / computers & accessories etc..

Plus - as fundj said, microwaves used to be considered an "unnecessary luxury" & now I'd say most homes in Australia have them... What about when food processors first appeared!? Same thing - now they're in every household (except the ones with a TMX!!)  ;)

I'm on my high horse, but it just amazes me that a lot of people think nothing of spending hundreds of dollars every week on take-away & eating out and buying pre-packaged, preservative-packed rubbish they term "food".... yet balk at spending (albeit a lot of) money on something that is so good for them. What happened to the importance of our & our children's health people!?

<sheepishly climbing down off horse.. Tantrum over>  :-[

Karen
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne

Offline berringamababe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 02:30:35 pm »
WOW, who would have thought this country chick would be 'compared' to a North Shore Mummy.   Hehehehe the north shore mummies would be horrified.

Could someone please book me that holiday to Italy for under $2000, I haven't got time to book it I am to busy making icing sugar.  hehehehhe

Really is to funny!!!!!!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 05:52:12 pm »
Hey, I know all about the "microwave controversy"  because my first one was an Amana Radarange, purchased in 1968 for $500.00, when you could buy a Ford Falcon for $2250.00!

People thought I was a nut case but even then I was an appliance junkie and my then husband was very indulgent and enjoyed my cooking.  (He was a body-builder and I didn't complain about the $$$ he spent on weights and exercise equipment.)

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 07:28:43 pm »
What a lot of rubbish.  I have done both,  Italy and Thermomix.  Give me TMX every time.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 08:21:45 pm »
What a lot of rubbish.  I have done both,  Italy and Thermomix.  Give me TMX every time.

I haven't done Italy, but when I have travelled which admittedly has only been within Australia I always get the feeling on return of 'oh dear spent a lot of money and now what do I have to show for it' and I am sure that is how I would feel if I spent $2000 on a holiday.  Don't get me wrong one day I do want to travel to Europe but at the moment, cooking for my family and friends is a much higher priority and my TMX allows me to do this  :)

Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 09:17:47 pm »
sorry bit of a diversion from this stupid article but im on such a high tonight...not only love my thermie as usual but thanks to me my consutant has made two sales in th last few weeks and i scored 3 books out of it thanks to my consultant who decided to thank me!!!! yessssssss !!!  :) :) :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 09:47:53 pm »
sorry bit of a diversion from this stupid article but im on such a high tonight...not only love my thermie as usual but thanks to me my consutant has made two sales in th last few weeks and i scored 3 books out of it thanks to my consultant who decided to thank me!!!! yessssssss !!!  :) :) :)
Did you have a choice of books Frozzie ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 09:54:33 pm »
had a choice of two of the books so i got the french book petits plats pour grandes tables (small plates for big tables), the international varoma book and aux gouts du monde (no choice book which i believe is the travelling with thermie book in english) !  am very happy and now have even more recipes to try !!  :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 10:02:13 pm »
had a choice of two of the books so i got the french book petits plats pour grandes tables (small plates for big tables), the international varoma book and aux gouts du monde (no choice book which i believe is the travelling with thermie book in english) !  am very happy and now have even more recipes to try !!  :)
Nice selection you made,definitely some nighttime reading for research :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline salval

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2011, 01:11:44 am »
I wish there was a "like" option on this forum.. I wanted to press it for Frozzie :) Well done - for you & for the support you're giving to your consultant. Love those stories.

Karen
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 06:03:56 am »
Nice selection you made,definitely some nighttime reading for research :D :D

CC yes took them to bed with me lol!! Ihad a good look through them and am very happy with my choices...lots of new recipes to try  :)  Just a pity we are going away this weekend and today im cooking a bunch of things to take with us (a group of friends are renting out a house in normandy for the weekend so we are all bringing something) so no time to use the new books  :(

thanks salval  :)  my consultant was very pleased at the second purchase and kept saying thankyou (even though .I didnt do anything except blabble on about it haha)..she knows i am always promoting thermie without trying...and am also there to help my friends with tips or recipes etc etc...pity they dont speak or read english though because this forum is such a plus... :)