Author Topic: Carrot, green apple and celery juice  (Read 11505 times)

Offline Kristy-Anne

• View Profile
Carrot, green apple and celery juice
« on: July 19, 2012, 08:25:59 am »
I am trying to make the above juice and have been given a recipe by a friend.

She said to use 7 carrots, 2 green apples and a stick of celery. She doesn't have a Thermomix. I have discovered that the recipe is not going to work. I need it to boost my sons immunity and I basically need a straight juice with all the water and ice cubes. I tried making it before with less carrots as they won't fit in the machine. I added the ice but I'm not sure how much to use. I only added 200g water to as not to dilute the juice too much. I finished it off with it on 10 at the end for I think it was 30 secs and then strained it. I found it to still be very watered down. Is this the case or have I done something wrong.  Maybe the Thermomix is not what I should be using if I want the results of a normal juicer. I love my machine for everything else. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Carrot, green apple and celery juice
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:32:24 am »
try not adding the ice and 1/2 the recipes and add the water a little at a time to taste. just an idea,sorry   i dont juice often
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 11:13:48 am »
Neither do I but I wonder if this clip from uTube would give you any ideas Kristy-Anne.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 04:12:41 am »
Is there a reason that you need so many carrots at once?

I make juice all the time and I would use 1 apple, 1 stick of celery, and probably 2 carrots with a handful of ice. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute on speed 9/10, then add as much water as you desire for consistency and blend again for approx 30 seconds. This should give you a smooth juice  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!