Author Topic: Cooking Spaghetti in TM  (Read 3365 times)

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
Cooking Spaghetti in TM
« on: January 14, 2012, 10:09:07 am »
Hi all,

Last night I cooked dry spaghetti in the TM for the first time.  When it came time to drain the cooked spaghetti out of the jug, a lot of it had wound itself tightly around the blades and was very difficult to remove as the jug and blades were still very hot.

I have never had a problem with cooking small pasta shapes in the TM but am tempted to go back to doing long pasta on the stove after last night's experience.  Is there a trick to cooking it so that it doesn't get all caught up around the blades as it cooks?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cooking Spaghetti in TM
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:36:28 am »
Asha, I break my spaghetti in half to cook it and when it is cooked, drain it into a colander then upend the bowl and release the blades.  All the remaining spaghetti will be easy to remove then.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 08:12:48 pm »
Thanks judy!

I didn't break my spaghetti like I usually would and then I used one of those colanders with a handle so I was trying to hold it in one hand and the hot jug in the other and getting myself all in a tangle!

I do have a larger colander that sits in the sink so I'll use that next time and that should leave me a spare hand to release the blades.  I'll also make sure to break the spaghetti first.  I wanted to leave it whole so I could see it get sucked down through the hole as it cooked but I suspected this might have been part of the probem!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 12:16:56 am »
I don't always break my spaghetti (depends on the hurry factor  :-))) but I do find that even spinning the blades from underneath the bowl when you are holding it upside down over a colander will generally get most of it out - especially if it has been broken in half  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!