Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 498975 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #1290 on: May 27, 2013, 05:14:00 am »
We live in town and I go up to the bush tracks past the footy and hockey ovals here. (I don't live in Albany, but have a holiday house there)

I've lost 1.1kg in a week and about 6 cm all up. Very pleased with myself!!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: May 27, 2013, 05:39:12 am »
That's great MJ well done.

i aggravated a long standing neck/shoulder problem at my PT session this morning, so feeling very sorry for myself at the moment.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1292 on: May 27, 2013, 07:33:22 am »
Heading to Albany for the long weekend, so am looking forward to walks on the beach!!

Hope that neck/shoulder problem gets resolved soon. Nothing worse than trying to lose weight and not being able to exercise due to injury!!  :-\
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #1293 on: May 28, 2013, 07:32:21 am »
Well done everyone on losing weight!!!

I've been losing weight as well. We were in Fiji last month and I wasn't happy with the way I looked in photos (I was always putting the kids in front of me).  I had about 8 kilos to lose and was struggling to do it myself so I joined Weight Watchers. I did WW over 10 years ago and found it a tough slog, but I'm really happy with the new Pro-points program.  So much healthier and I'm never hungry. It doesn't feel like a 'diet' so I'm hoping I can keep it up and maintain my lower weight. I've lost 3.4kgs in 3 weeks which is slow and steady progress. I'm exercising every day and feeling great.  Wishing I had of done this 12 months ago!!!

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 28, 2013, 08:02:02 am »
Well done on that weight loss, are you doing meetings or online with weight watchers, I am considering online at the moment

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #1295 on: May 28, 2013, 10:19:25 am »
I am an online member but I do pop into my local meeting each week to be weighed and to listen to the weekly focus (meetings are free and optional with online). Online is cheaper over the month so I went that way. I track online and use the online resources which are really helpful. Go for it Rainbow!!!  ;D

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1296 on: May 29, 2013, 12:19:41 pm »
That's great Chelsea! You've done very well losing so much in only 3 weeks! Keep it up.

I'm finding it a bit tough right now. I'm quite hungry during the day and often in the middle of the night wake up with a gurgling tummy. I ignore it, but it's getting harder!!
The Bush Gourmand

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1297 on: June 04, 2013, 01:18:07 pm »
I now seem to be over that bump in the road and don't feel any hunger anymore. In fact, on Sunday, I hardly ate anything at all as I was really busy. It wasn't until tea time that I realised I'd only had my shake and six fresh oysters (from Albany Boatshed Markets) all day.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: June 05, 2013, 11:08:54 am »
I need to get to the bump in the road and then over it 😄😄😄😄

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 05, 2013, 12:52:51 pm »
I wish I could see the bump in the road.  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 07, 2013, 12:18:34 pm »
Mine has yummy bread, biscuits and cakes hiding it.  ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1301 on: June 13, 2013, 09:59:29 pm »
I'm back on the wagon with weight loss now (finally yay). I'm calorie counting and using my fitbit again to track my steps, I'm also using my fitness pal app which is great.
Oh and I have an exercise bike that my iPad attaches to that has a few different apps to motivate me, I use run on earth app which is great, I can pick anywhere in the world to bike ride :) I could even be riding past your place lol.
Anyway this is week one for me and my weigh day will be on Monday (fingers crossed) :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 14, 2013, 02:52:08 am »
Pop in for coffee if you ride past my place Mandi  ;D

Good luck with your new regime.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 14, 2013, 03:25:06 am »
good luck Mandi
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

stacelee

« Reply #1304 on: June 14, 2013, 04:46:17 am »
Good luck Mandi,  I'll be joining you....I've gotten serious again.  I really want to drop this last 10 kilos and get to my goal...I'm 40 kilos down but this last 10 have been defeating me, I've been dropping on and off the wagon.  I've just bought a new fitbit flex (I started forgetting to put the old one on...the flex you wear permanently unless you are charging it) and we had to get a new treadmill because my husband was falling off the end of our old one when he was running (a minor problem when you have long legs that I just don't have being horizontally and vertically challenged).  I'm not so keen on the new treadmill because I swear it is faster than the old one even though I have it set to the same speed...mind you, at least it is providing a new challenge!