Author Topic: Juicer?  (Read 6562 times)

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
Juicer?
« on: September 18, 2011, 10:23:07 am »
I'm thinking of doing detox.  I don't have juicer, can I use TMX to do all the vege or fruit juice?
Thanks.
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: Juicer?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 02:03:02 pm »
Yes you can juice in the Tm but you will be incorporating the fibre into your juice rather than eliminating it. Not sure if this is an issue for detoxing. Also you will be adding ice and water to your fruit and veg to juice.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 10:46:14 pm »
Thank you, Meagan.

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 12:22:52 am »
Make sure you put a tray of ice in with the fruit/veg as this helps smash up the fibres so the juice is nice and smooth.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 04:58:30 am »
Thanks for tips, Thermoheaven.

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 05:32:02 am »
I have a citrus and regular juicer.  Let me just say that BOTH are in the cellar gathering dust.  Neither have been used in the past two years since we arrived in Germany.  Just my two Euros worth!!!

xxx

;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 01:00:45 am »
Have both Juicer and citrus squeezed.  While the oranges are in season, I leave it on the bench and use it every day.  It is very easy to clean.  The Juicer is difficult to clean and very large. I use it only through the Summer when there are lots of fresh fruits and veggies cheap and from the garden.  If they broke down I would definitally replace the citrus squeezer,  Not sure about the Juicer.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 01:24:32 am »
Chookie what is a citrus squeezer?
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 02:02:03 am »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 02:06:41 am »
Perhaps like this one?

Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline ahoney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 02:22:39 am »
If you were going to buy a juicer for nutritional reasons I would get a masticating juicer that crushes the food rather than a centrifugal one that chops and spins. To get maximum enzymes etc you don't want the juice heated at all as the centrifugal one do! They can be quite expensive though, I got a cheaper smaller one think it's called a champion mini? It works well but is a bit time consuming as you need to cut the pieces quite small and they do juice slower in order to not heat and destroy the nutrients. If you went going to get a masticating juicer I would just use the Thermomix!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 05:46:56 am »
Yes,  just like the one that Faffa has linked.  Even the GC like to make the orange juice for lunch with this.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 07:07:21 am »
If you were going to buy a juicer for nutritional reasons I would get a masticating juicer that crushes the food rather than a centrifugal one that chops and spins. To get maximum enzymes etc you don't want the juice heated at all as the centrifugal one do!

Agree. I've used the centrifugal one before and it is a devil to clean, but the masticating juicer is much better and easier to clean. Interestingly, the taste of the juice is different as well; the juice from the masticating juicer is simply delightful. I'd love to get one, aren't there so many nice things to get?