Author Topic: Hi, I'm back  (Read 3574 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Hi, I'm back
« on: August 02, 2010, 08:56:35 am »
I have had a wonderful holiday in SA,   and have returned with lots of Menus and ideas for the Thermomix .   However my computer spat the dummy on the 2nd. day away and is now at the Apple repair center in Melbourne.   I am using my DH computer and it is not so Chookie friendly.   The high points of our trip were lunch with JD and her DH ,  breakfast with Maggie Beer at Stephano's ,  (we sat at the next table)  ;D in Mildura, and the Wilunga farmers market.   Also Lunch at Penny's Hill winery,  the day after they had been awarded the best restaurant attached to a winery in SA.   It is good to be back.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, I'm back
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 09:20:04 am »
For all those wondering what Chookie looks like, she looks just like her avatar  :D :D :D Well, not really, her hair is longer  ;)
How special did we feel, going out to lunch with you and your DH and although we had never met, there was not a moment's silence between the 4 of us.  Glad you enjoyed the rest of your holiday, we turned on pretty good weather for you and it has turned lousy since you left our State.   :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 03:42:42 pm »
YAY Chookies back. Glad you had a great holiday and how lucky were you and JD to catch up for lunch.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 11:32:10 pm »
Oh chookie we are all wanting to go now. What a great holiday and how good was it to meet up with JD? Lucky you. Hope your'puter will recover.

Gretch
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 02:35:10 am »
Welcome back Chookie, I have missed you. Wow, lunch with all those exciting and famous people and also Maggie Beer!! :)
I've never been to Stephanos in Mildura, walked past and sighed to DH but he kept walking very briskly. :'( :'( :'( I don't think we'll get up to Mildura this September, but you never know. The trip will be mainly the southern ends of SA.

Isn't it wonderful how you can meet friends and it's as though you have known them for ever. Thermomix owners must all be very special.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 11:08:34 am »
Welcome back Chookie.  Really did sound like you had fun - until the computer packed it in!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.