Author Topic: Hello Guys from a Sussex TMX owner  (Read 5585 times)

Offline jo rooney

• View Profile
Hello Guys from a Sussex TMX owner
« on: June 04, 2011, 10:44:57 am »
Hi I am Jo, I thought I would pluck up the courage to join the forum am a relatively new user, I have had My TMX since Oct. 2010 but do not use as much as I really should. Would love to hear from anyone  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Guys from a Sussex TMX owner
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 11:39:13 am »
Hi Jo, welcome to the forum.  After you spend some time browsing this forum you will want to use your TMX more, I guarantee you that.  The inspiration that comes from here knows no boundaries and those who have fallen in a hole with their cooking (even with the TMX) soon bounce back and become re-enthused.  Check out the What are you cooking today and What's for dinner threads in Chit Chat, see all the lovely photos and you will see what I mean.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 11:58:06 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum Jo.You have certainly come to the right place to get your cooking back on track.There are some wonderful recipes for you try and don't be afraid to ask questions, as someone will always help. :)
Just one question from me are you in Sussex,UK, or Sussex, Australia?  ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 04:29:41 pm »
Hello and welcome Jo. The enthusiasm for our TMX's is so contagious on this forum that we will soon have your cooking mojo swinging. Get reading the recipes on here and make sure you use your TMX at least once every day. Happy cooking.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 10:27:57 pm »
Hi Jo, welcome to the forum  ;D

I am a new owner also and thanks to this forum I use my TMX daily as I am constantly inspired by all the great recipes here and a tip I have learnt is when I am going to make something from the recipe books I check in here first to see if there are any tips to make it better etc.

happy cooking,
Sharon  :)
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 12:49:14 am »
CC, to my knowledge we don't have a Sussex in Australia (I will stand corrected if anyone knows of one) and the easiest way to work out which side of the world one of our members lives is to check the local time on their profile. In this case it puts Jo in your country. :-* :-*

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 11:02:43 am »
Hi Jo, I'm in North East Hampshire.  I've had my TMX since about November last year and use it so much I've even graduated to taking it on caravanning holidays!  :o

Made some fabulous lemonade it in whilst we were away last week, also made bread and used it for steaming rice.  DH was NOT happy about the amount of money I spent on it but now want's to learn how to use it  ;D  I'm hoping to train as a consultant later on this year.

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 12:52:24 pm »
Welcome onboard Jo.   Hope that joining this Forum gives you the inspiration to start cooking up a storm in your machine.   There's quite a few of UK users on here now which is great.   :) :)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 03:17:27 am »
Welcome to the forum Jo.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 03:37:38 am »
Welcome Jo. Hope the forum inspires you to use your TMX more. What recipes have you tried so far?s
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 07:16:27 am »
Hello Jo,
I'm in Nottinghamshire in the Midlands (near the edge of Sherwood Forest). I am currently selling my TM21 to upgrade to the TM31. I so hope that I am doing the right thing and that a new model is not about to appear.  I will be absolutely furious if that happens. I recall Husqvarna bringing out a new overlocker just 7 days after I bought mine and I have never got over my disappointment! Actually, there appears to be very little in comparison between the 21 and the 31 but I would particularly like the reverse blade function. I am hoping that it has not gained any height as I would prefer it to miss my overhead cupboards. Can you tell me how high it is?
I use my TMX  all the time. Today I am having a fresh strawberry and yogurt concoction for breakfast and a Cauli-Broccoli cheese gratin for lunch. I need to make some sort of fruit bun loaf and knock up a new batch of mayonnaise too.
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 07:46:39 am »
DD it is 30 cm high, 28.5 cm wide and 28.5 cm deep. The varoma height is 11.8cm and width is 38.5cm.

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 07:56:09 am »
Wow! Thank you Judy for that speedy reply.  I have just measured my TM21 and really, there is barely any difference so I am safe with the size.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 08:31:42 am »
Oooh Dot, how exciting that you've upgraded.   It will be interesting to see how different you find the machines.

What are you going to be doing with the TM21?   I'm sure you could get a good price for it on eBay  ;) ;)

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 10:12:05 am »
Hi katya, I am not there yet as I have told myself that I have to sell the TM21 first before I get a TM31.  i have a list of the differences and I am suprised at how few there are but its all onward and upward for me.