Author Topic: Green smoothie question  (Read 2610 times)

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Green smoothie question
« on: July 21, 2013, 10:28:25 pm »
Can you make a green smoothie in advance and keep it for the next day?  I have been making double quantity, drinking half one day and half the next morning.  It needs a stir the next day, but still tastes fine.  But I have noticed that it looks darker (maybe oxidised?) on the surface, and was wondering if I am losing some of the nutrients by leaving it 24 hours?
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Green smoothie question
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 12:00:54 am »
Karen, I think i read that it does keep but looses some of it's nutritional value so much better drinking as close as possible to making. I sometimes drink some of mine in the afternoon and it seems to taste a little more bitter, but that might be in my mind.
Have you looked at the Green Smoothie Girl website? I haven't been on there in a while but I know I got a lot of answers from her website when I first started making green smoothies.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Green smoothie question
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 04:35:32 am »
I am not sure if it is the same with smoothies, but when I was looking for information on juicing several sites said that you can keep the juice for a day as long as it is in a sealed container, filled to the brim so that there is no (or very little) oxygen in the container - probably glass would be better if possible.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.