Author Topic: New to Thermomix in Canberra  (Read 3603 times)

Offline zuzu

• View Profile
New to Thermomix in Canberra
« on: August 12, 2011, 01:42:59 am »
Last night I hosted a demo and of course I bought one. Just looking so forward to getting it on my kitchen bench!

My 11 year old daughter made the demo custard, so that was impressive.

Offline NikiG

• View Profile
Re: New to Thermomix in Canberra
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 03:28:34 am »
Welcome Zuzu - I am also a newbie here, I only got my TM on Tuesday and am having my delivery demo tonight so I am looking forward to seeing it in action and wowing my friends  ;)

You have definitely come to the right place - there is SO MUCH to read and learn here thanks to the generous and helpful members. I am cutting and pasting hints and tips into a Word document as I read through and find something I'd like to remember. Looking forward to sharing some hints and tips once I have started using my TM a whole lot more.
NikiG
Central Coast, NSW

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 08:22:40 am »
Hi zuzu, welcome to the forum.  Bet your DD was very impressed with the custard she made - mark my words, she will be wanting to do a whole lot more once you take delivery of it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 10:20:47 am »
Nikig and zuzu,welcome. I too have a file full of recipes over 400, that I am working through. I have had my machine since June and only one disaster because I didn't follow a recipe. You are going to love it. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:31:18 pm by Bedlam »
Denise

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:22:32 am »
Hi and Welcome zuzu, My DD who is also 11 loves using the TM, she is quiet confident and I can trust that she does the right thing. My to oldest DS's have not gone near the TM as yet as they are not comfortable with it and leave all the cooking up to me. I'm sure your DD will be doing alot of cooking when you give her the chance. Hope you don't have to wait to long for your TM to arrive.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 11:29:33 am »
hi and welcome zuzu

dede you sure your sons just arent being 'smart'..hrrmmm leave the cooking up to mum now theres a shocker!! lol
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 11:36:07 am »
Welcome to the forum zuzu.It's great to hear that your daughter has already had hands on experience with the TM.I hope you both have fun cooking when your machine is delivered. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 12:44:28 pm »
Welcome to the forum zuzu. The wait for the TMX to arrive will seem like one of the longest of your life. Once it arrives though you'll find yourself in a flurry of cooking activities. You've found the forum at the right time though as you can now plan what you're going to cook first. You'll find many posts on here about the member's children who cook with the TMX as well. The children that help are always far better than those who are just good at picking out the recipes and asking mum to cook it.  ;D ;D

Look forward to reading your posts in the future.