Author Topic: What do people expect/want from a consultant?  (Read 32792 times)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Re: What do people expect/want from a consultant?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 11:32:35 am »
That's a pity you haven't heard from yours Kym - there was a great special this month - have a demo & get a carry bag for $70 (instead of $120), or for $40 if somone at your demo buys. The only accessories are the servers which are $30 if you have a demo, a silicon bread mat ($40 if you have a demo), and recipe books.
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Kym

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 10:53:54 pm »
That is a pity as I would have loved a carry bag to easily take it on holidays.  I've heard people mentioning some sort of brush for cleaning the blades too.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 12:10:24 am »
Kym it is a green handled brush that you can use to help with cleaning the bowl. It is $5. Which state are you in?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:09:41 am by Meagan »
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 03:12:39 am »
Oh yes, forgot the brush! I give one to each customer when they buy a machine.  :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 05:10:22 am »
Yes I give one to my customers too Jo  ;D
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline petit4s

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 09:31:54 pm »
I was just another sale to the consultant who sold me my Thermomix, and I'd give a zero if I had to rate her. It was just her luck that I knew I wanted a Thermomix before I saw the demo, otherwise the sale would just not have happened. it was difficult enough trying to find someone to show it to me. No one responded to my initial requests to HO, which was offputting, so finally, when I did see the Thermomix, it seemed like an upwards battle. After the sale, my thermomix was delivered to my doorstep...and nothing.
Luckily, since then, I found the conultant I have now. She keeps in touch via email, lets me know what's happening, sends me ideas and recipes and does demos for me whenever it suits. She's wonderful - there when I need her. She's always got all the bits, so I don't have to go through HO, nor do I have to fuss with freight, because I get everything from her when I want it. She goes over and above the call of duty.
Not only that, compared to the consultants I come across since then, I notice she has a real understanding of cooking food - I get the impression with so many of the consultants I see at the classes that they have absolutely no idea about food or cooking and just do things in a set manner without any imagination.
So what do I look for? Someone like the consultant I have now. she's caring, knowledgable and there when I need her.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 11:36:43 pm »
It's nice to hear you are so happy with your consultant petit4s, sounds like the type we all should have. I like the idea of being able to buy recipe books etc from a consultant and not having to pay the freight costs - good enough reason for us all to have access to a consultant.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline salval

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2011, 05:59:21 am »
Thank you for this thread!! I am a relatively new consultant & I've been wondering how much (or how little) I should be contacting my customers.

I want to be available to them all & help them, but I also don't want to be a pain.

I've rung & left messages, as well as sending the odd email about classes or incentives.. But I rarely get a call or email back, so I was worried that I was being too overbearing.

I'll go back now & read all of the replies to this post, but I just wanted to say thanks for raising the topic. It's very insightful & I just want to be a helpful & dedicated consultant.

Karen
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 10:08:14 am »
Reading this thread it occurs to me that different people want different things from their consultants....   Would there be any mileage in consultants (and obviously I'm thinking about the good ones here !) checking with their customers after, say, six months, how they want the  "relationship" to continue.    In that way, the customer knows what they can expect and the consultant can be reassured that they are giving the customer what they want.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 07:08:05 am »
Thanks for this topic - it is always good to get this kind of feeback. Ditto to all other consultants comments on here. I send out monthly newsletters with the current info attached but only get the odd reply and often wonder if it is annoying but I will keep it up after reading this. I think the little things are important too like bringing a gift to the host even if they don't always buy - the brush is always handy, also the silicon cup cake moulds for varoma demos or a teatowel if they don't own a TMX. But this does come out of the consultants own money. I think it is also important to show appreciation to those who refer customers to you maybe with a lovely cookbook - this also comes personally from the consultant. If a consultant is doing their job properly and honestly there should be no 'easy sale'. You don't get commission for putting in an order form you get it for delivering the TMX personally or at least doing the delivery checklist over the phone if you live far from customer then by doing the cooking demo and also by doing the Varoma demo if they are interested. This involves 2-3 visits and gifts. So after you have the customer the work has only just begun if you are to take your commission honestly.  :)

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 08:24:04 am »
I keep seeing the brush mentioned and now silicon cup cake moulds. Are these Thermomix brand?

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 08:40:40 am »
The brush is - looks like a mini round toilet brush lol  ;D ;D works well though as it is flat on the bottom so sit against the bottom of the bowl and gets in between the blades.  The silicone cup cake moulds are not Thermomix - wonder though if that won't happen at some stage - you never know  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Kym

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2011, 11:19:59 am »
Kym it is a green handled brush that you can use to help with cleaning the bowl. It is $5. Which state are you in?

Sorry about the delay - I'm in Brisbane.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2011, 05:33:34 pm »
ive been following this thread but havent yet replied..felt i had to today after the afternoon ive had. 

The plastic part that covers the electronic screen and buttons etc cracked right across the top just like that so I contact my consultant...first time in many months, actually probably 7 out of the 8 mths Ive owned my thermie and the only contact I get from her is on the very odd occasion about open days etc to entice new clients in and its always like come along and make sure you bring non thermomix ppl..which didnt overly bother me until today when I contacted her about the crack and also my thermomix lid has a part where it looks like the protective coating if you can call it that has burnt off?? or worn away after only 8 months anyway she answered quite simply..you need to ring after sales services with vorwerk and its not her problem in a round about way..well my blood kind of went over boiling point to put it midly. As its still under guarantee I expected her to say the lid will be replaced and she would send me a new one and give me instructions on what to do re the cracked part of the base..nope nada!

I would have to answer after purchasing such an expensive piece of equipement that it would 'buy' you in a sense a minimum amount of customer service from your consultant and most definately the odd email to check in to see how your client is going maybe at interval periods, even quarterly, as well as what cooking workshops etc are available and things like that.  I have had none of that and am quite upset at the moment but I will feel better tomorrow im sure..I just hate feeling like I was just a sale and my consultant will be helpful only on matters where there is a sale or possible sale involved.

After I got upset with her and told her I found her reply disapointing she said to ring a number she gave me and keep her informed..im still really peeved but at least I got some small amount of direction and follow up..in my eyes still isnt enough though with my thermie still being under warranty.  :(
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2011, 05:50:23 pm »
What an awful day you've had Fozzie with your consultant,wish I could give you a big hug :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.