Author Topic: Review Salmon Fillet Page 81 A Seafood Bounty  (Read 2009 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Review Salmon Fillet Page 81 A Seafood Bounty
« on: August 19, 2015, 05:53:52 am »
This recipe is simply named 'Salmon Fillet' and it is a very simple but tasty dish.  I did make some changes to the recipe as under as it was such a shame to waste all that steam and not cook more veggies.

This recipe would serve 4 people using 175 g pieces of salmon and the veggies being placed in both the steaming basket and varoma dish. The fish could be cooked on the varoma tray, maybe taking slightly more time to cook than if it's placed in the varoma dish.   I only cooked for myself but did make the whole quantity of the dressing.  It was really nice on both the salmon and the veggies.

I skipped the boiled egg part, I really couldn't see that going with the rest of the dish.  Maybe I'm wrong and it may have added something but I preferred to add a lot more vegetables to the steaming basket rather than what was in the recipe.

Small pieces of cauli, broccoli, carrot strips and small chunks of potato into the steaming basket.  I added 1 litre boiling water to the TM bowl, inserted the basket of vegies and cooked them for 14 mins/varoma/speed 3 (the recipes uses speed 2 but I like more steam).

My piece of salmon weighed 130g.  I placed that in the varoma dish which I had sprayed with oil for easier cleaning then once the veggie time had expired I added that into place, reset the timer and cooked everything for another 5 mins/varoma/speed 3.

This type of meal goes cold very quickly so I placed my plate on top of the varoma lid to warm up during the cooking process.

Linked JD
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:57:07 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Review Salmon Fillet Page 81 A Seafood Bounty
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 09:09:07 am »
It looks delicious Judy. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 10:15:20 pm »
Thanks Judy. Will try this. Your meal looks very nice.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 11:36:10 pm »
Thanks girls.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.