Author Topic: Taking the plunge!!  (Read 5321 times)

Offline Ali123

• View Profile
Taking the plunge!!
« on: April 29, 2012, 08:30:06 pm »
Hello again. Just to let everyone know that having posted on here a few weeks ago about whether to buy a Thermomix or not, after many sleepless nights i decided to take the plunge!!!! My thermomix arrives tomorrow. I decided to put half the money down as a deposit  and make 6 monthly payments, as to use all my savings in one go seemed a bit too scary. I am both excited and nervous. Not sure why the nerves have kicked in after all your positive reviews, but think it's just that fear of the unknown. I am however looking forward to trying out all the yummy rcipes I have seen posted on here.  :o

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Taking the plunge!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 08:45:21 pm »
good on you Ali, any idea on what you are going to cook on your 1st day?
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:48:32 pm »
That's great news Ali.Roll on tomorrow for the big day,come back and tell us what you cooked. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Ali123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 08:58:20 pm »
No idea what I'm going to cook!!!! Think it will take me all my time to work out how to use it!! Absolutely loved the lemonade made at the demo so that will be one thing I will be keen to make again, and my kids loved the sorbet. We used mixed berries at the demo, so looking to varying that and trying different fruits.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:59:41 pm »
You'll be fine, congratulations, Ali!  When I first bought mine, at first I thought, "What the heck have I done . . . ???"  but now I wouldn't be without it :D    Look on it as a huge leap of faith!  Don't forget, any problem at all, just put it up on the forum and you'll have all the help you need!  After the delivery and you've made one or two things, please let's know how you're doing! :D

Offline Ali123

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:01:40 pm »
Yes I will let you know how I am getting on and what I have made. Just a bit scared that instead of initially saving me time, it's going to take all my time to work out how to switch it on!!  ???

Offline Ali123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 09:05:23 pm »
It is so good to know that I have such fantastic support. No-one I know has one so it's reassuring to know if ever I'm stuck, I have somewhere to turn.  :-*

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 09:23:59 pm »
Good on you Ali, I'm sure all will be fine. Once you start there will be no stopping you. And you confidence using the TM will soon build to the point of converting your own favorite recipes.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 09:58:13 pm »
That's great news Ali, once you get over the initial nerves you will be fine.  Just remember to have all your ingredients out on the benchtop, read the recipe instructions then read them again just to make sure you are doing the right thing.  Each time you read an instruction with another (or the same) heat setting, don't forget to reset that as well - that's one we've all forgotten to do at some stage and then wondered why our food isn't cooked.  Don't forget we have a recipe review section on the forum and every recipe that's been done from any of the books is listed so it might pay to check the comments on these lists before starting a recipe.  They can be very useful.  The recipes on the forum have the comments beneath the recipe so you have everything at your fingertips to make sure your cooking is successful.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 05:30:15 am »
WooHoo  ;D ;D
Ali that is fantastic news. Start of with something simple. The vege stock concentrate is quite easy and is used in almost every non sweet recipe.
Looking forward to hearing ablut your new TMX journey.

DG xxx
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 05:47:40 am »
Fantastic Ali123.  Let us know how you first time goes. Good idea with the veggie stock.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 06:25:13 am »
Hi Ali,
Congratulations. You will love your TM and especially with the endless help that you can get from the forum, you will be an expert in no time at all.
Have fun.

mcmich

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 08:07:19 am »
Congratulations on taking the plunge Ali. You and your family will only benefit from the meals and the savings
on food bills.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 08:36:16 am »
Well done Ali. It may seem daunting at first but it will very soon became second nature. I'm looking forward to reading how things go. Don't forget, everyone here is more than willing to answer any of your questions.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 10:52:52 am »
Congratulations Ali, I've been away and was  just reading your last entry wondering if you decided to buy and further down the page see you have done so.  I love to use up any older veggies into soup, especially in this weather, some homemade rolls and you have a healthy cheap lunch.  Enjoy.