Author Topic: Hello from Sydney, contemplating a TMX..  (Read 15752 times)

Offline freshfoodfan

• View Profile
Hello from Sydney, contemplating a TMX..
« on: January 13, 2012, 08:25:08 am »
Hi, I don't yet have a Thermomix but have read lots about them and spoken to a few people who have them - their views are very positive!!

I've never seen one in action but am going to my first demo on Monday which I'm looking forward to  :)  Haven't yet made up my mind, it's a lot to spend, but if they're as good as most people think I might place an order on the day. From what I can see those who own them and have negative things to say (online) haven't taken the time to use a forum like this and ask questions, check out recipes etc.  I joined up so I can do this and make the most of the machine, if I order it, or even if I need more time after Monday to ask questions & contemplate  :) :)

Cheers!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Sydney, contemplating a TMX..
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 08:36:15 am »
Hello freshfoodfan, welcome to the forum.  Good idea to check things out here, go to a demo and then make up your mind.  You will be impressed, no doubt about that.  A lot of negative comments come from people who, once they hear the price, start bagging it without knowing a thing about it. You will find a lot of happy little thermomix owners on here ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 08:41:13 am »
Welcome to the forum freshfoodfan.Everyone here on the forum loves their Thermomix,so if you buy one, you will get wonderful support and guidance.Enjoy your demo on Monday :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 08:41:44 am »
freshfoodfan, welcome to the forum. After your demo you will be amazed at what the thermomix can do. I have had mine for just over 12 months, and absolutely love it. I know it is expensive, but you will save money by making everything yourself so it eventually pays for itself.  When we weighed up buying all the appliances this machine replacces, it is definately more economic.

On this forum you will find alot of recipes and help.

Do abit of research if you can before Monday so you have alot of questions to ask your consultant when they arrive.

Let us know what you decide.

DG xxxx
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline jkmt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 11:00:04 am »
Good luck with your decision freshfoodfan. It is a lot of money, and I hesitated for a long time, wondering whether I would really use it and get my value out of it, or if it would sit on the bench unloved, like my food processor. I'm glad I bought the TMX. It does get lots of use. And this forum is a great place for recipes and guidance.
Jenny, Central Coast NSW

I'd rather cook than clean!

Offline freshfoodfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 11:23:33 am »
Thank you all, happy to be here :) 

I'd actually decided a few weeks ago to buy my first food processor.. after researching them and figuring out exactly the one I wanted, I found the best deal online and was all set to order when a couple of people mentioned the TMX.  Intrigued, I looked it up and suddenly my decision became more complicated!  Although it doesn't slice, it does so many other good things that a processor can't.  Another forum mentioned the V-slicer - it seems that would be a good tool to have alongside the TMX.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 11:25:51 am »
 welcome welcome to the forum freshfoodfan
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 12:25:37 pm »
Hi Freshfoodfan,

When I wnet to my first demo I knew that I wanted one. The price was daunting but when I worked out what I owuld spen on a good food processor and I needed a new bread machine ad I wanted a mix master or something similar. The price didn't seem so bad. 

I have never regretted the purchase and my tow grown daughters each have one now too.  It is best to consider all of your options and decide what is going to be right for you and your family.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 12:54:43 am »
Hi freshfoodfan welcome to the forum, like you I was hesitant at first and wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be fad I grew tired of. I attended cooking classes, check the TMX website to see if there is one near you.  I also stalked this forum learning as much as I could, finally took the plunge and 8 months on still loving my TMX and use it daily! 

Sharon
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 01:02:39 am »
Welcome freshfoodfan - your forum name alone suggests that you're the right perswon to own a Thermomix.  They're wonderful inventions.  Please report back to this thread after the demo.  Not long to wait now.  Make sure when you get to the custard that you volunteer to come up and experience the machine from a cook's perspective.  You will love it.  Enjooy!
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 02:39:52 am »

Here is a good link for  you fresh food fan. Helene is a goodfriend of the forum and you will find some up to date info plus fab recipes.

http://www.superkitchenmachine.com/2011/15735/thermomix-kitche-gadget.html

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 04:31:32 am »
Welcome freshfoodfan. I've had my machine for 4 years now and would buy another one immediatley when this one dies. (not too soon though I hope). This forum has been an enormous help when I was mastering the machine and now it is a wonderful source of recipes for me. I do hope you decide to purchase one as you won't be sorry.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline disgruntleddog

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 05:14:50 am »
Another thing to check out is Youtube. There are a heap of demos of the TMX there.

Oh, and welcome.

Offline freshfoodfan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 06:35:38 am »
Thank you all!! 

I love things like risotto, hollandaise and custard but have never tried to cook them myself as they seem too difficult - I'd be likely to muck them up. I quite enjoy cooking but am not very skilled at it, so usually end up making basic things for dinner when I come home from work.  It would be great to have more variety and from what I can see the TMX makes that much easier to achieve.  There are so many happy customers who use it often and are full of praise for what it can do, despite their initial doubts.

Hmmm it seems I've almost persuaded myself.. ;) but need to see it in action first.  Will let you know what I think after the demo!

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 06:38:25 am »
Welcome to the forum you won't regret buying one.