Author Topic: Thermomix France  (Read 10103 times)

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
Thermomix France
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:29:28 am »
I have been on my computer searching for all things Thermomix, what a surprise????

I found this amazing list coming out of Thermomix France.  Sadly, if you are unable to read French it may be a little challenging but do take a peek at the "format" of this link.

http://www.vorwerk.com/fr/thermomix/pdf/index_livres_tm31.pdf

It is a complete list of all recipes and it also shows which book each recipe comes from.  Such a snazzy idea I think.  Is there an Australian version of this list?  Would be great if HO could compile one.

xxx

;D

Offline Vivaroo

• View Profile
Re: Thermomix France
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 01:32:21 pm »
So interesting to see the different recipes.   Oeurf mimosas, hopefully that isn't champas & orange with an egg in it. I think I'd love a French book just to try and translate and maybe help Thermie and my French hubby bond (they don't talk to each other, TMX tries but DH just turns up the TV).

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 02:20:41 pm »
A Table avec Thermomix is available from Thermomix consultants in Australia, Vivaroo.  I purchased it as I'm studying French and it's a great insight into the culture as well as double bang for my buck study material as I get to see the Thermomix recipes as well as learn all the foodie vocab.  Formidable!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:23:18 pm by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 03:23:59 pm »
i love the french books and like ive said before its a pity they arent translated except for the 3 international books...they also have open days for book launches...another one in a bit over a week...if you want one or two of the recipes translated I can obviously help but cant go translating the whole book !!  They have a bread book that I really like and I find the french recipes are better tested in general compared to say teh EDC that has had so many problems in the past...  I wish I spoke more than two languages...DH speaks three but there are heaps of recipes in spanish also....but its like the asian book available in oz just wouldnt work over here....there isnt that influence in the food over here and most people dont like that kind of cuisine not to mention alot more difficult getting certain ingredients..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 01:05:00 am »
I found this amazing list coming out of Thermomix France.  Sadly, if you are unable to read French it may be a little challenging but do take a peek at the "format" of this link.

http://www.vorwerk.com/fr/thermomix/pdf/index_livres_tm31.pdf

It is a complete list of all recipes and it also shows which book each recipe comes from.

Yep :  it's a great way to select which book to get too.
I've ordered A table avec TMX and 1001 pates last week thanks to my parents who live in France (thanks Frozzie for your "conseils"  :))  Cecilia you must have been lucky:  my consultant couldn't get any French books here in Oz.
Once I have the books I'll be happy to translate some recipes  :)
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 06:18:58 am »
yay carine ..you wont regret getting them.. did you try contacting head office??  I ask as I remember there being foreign language books on offer when I bought my lot of english ones??? Maybe for future purchases try head office first ( or maybe you did?)  I love the bread book..hope you get them soon  :)  There is a chefs one I want to get next to try out but Im waiting until its on the gift list as its more expensive than the others..I have most of the others  :)

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 07:08:54 am »
Frozzie - which French books would you recommend?  I don't speak it, but have access to several folk who do.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 10:08:39 am »
ill do up a list if you like of the table of contents of each book I have except the intl ones as you guys have those too and you can see which ones tickle your fancy lol as really depends on what you like...i recommend the a table and the bread book ...the others there are good recipes in them but really depends on what you like as its french cuisine so there is everything from rabbit to seafood to all sorts of things lol of which I am not a fan..the only one for the moment that im not so impressed with is the Envie de desserts...A couple of recipes havent been fantastic in them ...ill get back to you later on  :)

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 11:34:26 am »
yay carine ..you wont regret getting them.. did you try contacting head office??  I ask as I remember there being foreign language books on offer when I bought my lot of english ones??? Maybe for future purchases try head office first ( or maybe you did?) 

Didn't contact head office but my consultant contacted her group leader who contacted head office...  standard procedure apparently  :o  Anyway, apparently no french book available at the moment from Aussie HO. 
I'm looking forward to get the books: 've been checking the mail box every day and I don't usually worry that much about mail  ;D (our mail box is located 2.5km away from our house...)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 03:50:07 pm »
haha long drive...you must be on a big property then....ours was about 800m and i thought that was far enough  :)  i find the post is pretty good between france and oz...ive had parcels turn up in 4 days and others took weeks...just depends..;fingers crossed that they arrive realllllllllllllllly soon!!

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 01:25:02 am »
We're not on a big property and the road is only 700m away but, because there's only 4 family living on a 4k stretch of road, we can't have our mailbox at the front gate  :( ...so it's in a "clump" of mailboxes at a cross road.
The parcels I've sent to France usually arrive in 10 to 15 days but it's not always as quick the other way around, especially at Christmas time!  Every year I say I'll be more organised with my Christmas shopping and every year I rush around so my parcels found their way under my parents- grandmas Christmas trees  :P  oh well, must be the same for lots of bi-nationals... maybe!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 06:49:24 am »
oh ok..so how long ago did your mum send them???  I hate waiting for parcels too...I usually make a list of parcels on their way..the worst is when they are so big that they need to go by sea and take months...painful!!!! haha

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 09:06:56 am »
Didn't contact head office but my consultant contacted her group leader who contacted head office...  standard procedure apparently  :o 

That's really weird Carine as you are able to contact HO yourself  ??? ???
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 05:49:36 am »
Faffa, the first email I sent to Thermomix France (typed in French) was forwarded to TMX Australia then passed onto my consultant via her branch manager... all very odd.   My consultant advised me to contact her for any book ordering in Oz.  For the French books I ended up recontacting TMX France to organise payment and delivery thanks to my parents.  Not to sure what happened the first time around...

Frozzie, books sent last Wednesday:  not too long to wait now  :)