Author Topic: The call has come!  (Read 4124 times)

bulletproof4

The call has come!
« on: December 06, 2010, 11:38:28 am »
I have also been stalking this forum for a couple of weeks since my home demo and decided to order a thermomix last week and while reading the forum tonight I had a phone call from my consultant to say it's here. Yeah,I take delivery tomorrow. Now I am undecided on what to make first??? Maybe Capsicum, sundried tomato and cashew dip.What was other forum members first dish?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The call has come!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 11:48:14 am »
Hi bulletproof4, welcome to the forum.  How exciting, hope you manage to sleep tonight.  Back in my early days I wasn't very adventurous, things would be different today if I knew then what I know now but that is impossible isn't it  ;D ;D I made sorbet with the delivery demo then on my own I attempted the potato cakes (had to tweak this), mashed potato, custard, porridge, apricot chicken risotto, pumpkin soup, mayonnaise, coleslaw, veg stock concentrate etc etc.  I know exactly what order I started in the EDC book because I wrote them on the blank back page because I could and still can't ever find a recipe in that book. I now just turn to the back page for page numbers.  It was a long time before I did anything decent and then only because I found this forum.  I'm sure you will dive in the deep end and not flounder like I did - those days have long gone thank goodness.  Have fun and enjoy both your TMX and this forum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:57:15 am »
Welcome to the forum bulletproof4.I honestly can't remember what I made first in my TM.Probably soup, rice ,veggies and I think a lot of lemonade. Oh! and hot chocolate but had to give that up, not good for the waistline, well not mine anyway. :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline WeeBo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 12:52:19 pm »
Hi bulletproof4. I am a newbie too - just got my Thermomix on Friday night and I was exactly the same. I stood in the supermarket totally not knowing what to buy to make our first Thermomix delight. A good friend who has had her Thermomix for a while told me to keep it simple to start off. I think that was good advice.

The first thing I made was banana ice-cream to get the kids excited. We then made Mac and cheese using the white sauce recipe (seeing a pattern?), Garam Masala, Butter Chicken, Breakfast smoothie, Lemonade, Chocolate Milkshake, 2 loaves of bread, Hollandaise Sauce (that was exciting), Apple/Strawberry/Blueberry Sorbet, Gourmet Beef Casserole (recipe on the forum and totally delicious).

Enjoy getting to know your machine. I am loving it and so is the family.
WeeBo aka Leisa from Melbourne

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 07:41:28 pm »
Hi bulletproof4 and welcome to a whole new world of cooking.

I hadn't even thought about what I would make first when my TMX was delivered and was caught totally unprepared when my consultant starting to make suggestions for what we could make!  We live a 'split' life - in Melbourne during the week and at home in the country, where my TMX now resides, at the weekends.  As most of my cooking is done at the weekends and my TMX was delivered to Melbourne, I had very little in my larder to make anything at all.  Anyway, we scraped together enough ingredients to make lemon custard and it was gorgeous.

As soon as I got the TMX home at the weekend the first thing I made was pumpkin soup, followed by the veg. stock concentrate, then I got stuck into risottos (this was in the middle of winter so it was all 'comfort' food).  Now that it's warming up I'm getting more into salads, 'real' mayonnaise (which I was always to scared too make before), sorbet - mangoes are superb just now - and my first attempt at ice cream is coming up. 

My biggest problem is that there are too many recipes to try and not nearly enough time to try them all!

Enjoy your TMX and good cooking.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 03:00:48 am »
Belated welcome - hope you are enjoying it
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.