Author Topic: Yummy Yorkshire puddings (with photo)  (Read 15906 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Yummy Yorkshire puddings (with photo)
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 05:31:19 am »
Good work Gabry - always a favourite.  But agree that dripping really is essentila to please me.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline jflim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 01:52:48 am »
this recipe looks reasonably easy. Definately going to try it as it's my favourite!
Thanks for sharing :)
A full time nanny who prefers cooking from scratch, usually cooks with whatever's within reach, bad at measurements but good at fixing & trying to manage 3 blogs when time permits ;) Do drop in when you can...... :)
http://www.blogger.com/profile/15640963317739722936

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 05:25:13 am »
I finally got around to trying your recipe today Gabry and it just blew me away - the largest Yorkies I have ever made.  I couldn't use the TMX to make the mixture though as that was busy cooking the roast beef and you did say the batter had to be used immediately it was made so I had to drag out my old Mixmaster. I haven't cooked with dripping for years so used some canola oil which I had fried something in previously thinking this would be tastier than new oil.  My photo should say it all  ;) ;)  For only the 2 of us, 12 was a little over the top but I'll come up with ideas of how to use them - jam and cream perhaps and freeze some for later. Thanks so much for your recipe, we loved it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 01:54:39 pm »
looks fantastic JD my lot will easily polish off 12 no trouble.  I wonder if the batter mix could be used for Toad in the Hole another family fav of ours.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 01:59:31 pm »
I don't see why not GHM.  You will love this recipe.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 04:25:33 am »
Coiupla more questions about this one.  WOuld it work as well with HiLo milk?  Is the carbonated water essential?  and if I am using oil instead of dripping would it be the same amounts?

thanks.  this is going to be tea tonight !!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 05:13:16 am »
I would have used skim milk GHM as that's all I have in the house.  I think the carbonated water helps with the puffiness of the yorky although it is not something I used pre-TMX.  I wouldn't add plain water, would probably use milk as a replacement to make up the quantity of liquid.  I'm sure they will work but if you possibly can try and stick with Hestonfan's recipe as close as possible you will be delighted with the outcome.