Author Topic: Thai Green Curry Tuna Dip  (Read 6832 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Thai Green Curry Tuna Dip
« on: November 09, 2009, 12:27:26 pm »
Thai Green Curry Tuna Dip

Will feed 2 greedy people, :o but should feed a small group

Ingredients:

250g Cream Cheese
2 small tins Tuna with Thai Green Curry, undrained (Safcol Brand)
2tbsp fresh coriander
juice of one lime
2 Tbsp TMX mayonnaise (I used Coleslaw dressing as that's what I grabbed out of the fridge)
1 tbsp dried onion flakes

Preparation:
Place broken up cream cheese, juice, coriander and mayo into  *:. Blend for 5 seconds on speed 4. Increase speed slowly and mix until creamy. Scrape down sides and add tuna and onion flakes. Mix for 10 - 15 seconds or so on :-: at speed 4-5.

Tips/Hints:
Serve with carrot, celery and cucumber strips or cut flatbread into triangles and bake in the oven until crisp.

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thai Green Curry Tuna Dip
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:10:36 am »
Just in time for the unexpected guests that drop in round Christmas and New Year. Thanks.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 07:52:08 am »
drool!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 05:45:19 am »
Wow- thanks MJ - I'm so backwards that I didn't even know that was a variety of tuna!!  :o :o  Need to check out what is on offer

BTW - the recipe sounds great for a quick dip for one extremely fat greedy person sharing  :(
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 12:41:14 pm »
 :D
Halve the recipe if you just want to hog it all yourself!

This actually came from a night when I was at my sister's place and we decided we'd have nibblies for tea (as you do...). She had a tin of Thai Green Curry Tuna in the cupboard and some pitta bread, so we experimented. It was sooo delicious, we ate the lot.
Then they went and took the Thai Green Curry Tuna off the market!! So, when I saw it again, I had to buy it and make this dip once more. We ate the rest of it with corn chips last night as that's all I had! It was still yummy.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 12:46:20 pm »
I've been told if you mix a tin of mango curry and tuna (?) with cream cheese that makes a lovely dip too. I haven't tried it yet.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 02:00:57 pm »
I think any tuna flavour mixed with cream cheese would be lovely! I'd like to try the sweet chilli tuna.
The Bush Gourmand