Author Topic: Baby Toddler Sewing patterns  (Read 3850 times)

Offline pinkus

• View Profile
Baby Toddler Sewing patterns
« on: March 14, 2015, 06:35:20 am »
HI everyone I just thought I would ask if anyone has any sewing patterns that they don't use anymore and wish to get rid of them.  I am looking for baby to toddler size for my niece, a little girl she is 8 months.  Please let me know and I will get in touch with you...

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: Baby Toddler Sewing patterns
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 07:05:15 am »
I have quite a few, what sort of things were you after?  :)
:D

Offline pinkus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 08:43:27 am »
easy to sew dresses, pants, leggings, what have you got.... :D

Bonsai

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 11:30:19 am »
I've got a heap of patterns for babies to toddlers, mostly for t shirts, track suits etc. multi size patterns, easy to sew. Let me know if they would be of use

Offline pinkus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 11:37:30 am »
Thanks Bonsai are they mainly sewing patterns for little boys, I really am after dresses, pants etc for little girls, she is 8 months old.   Do you have anything like this.   

Bonsai

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 02:35:53 pm »
The patterns are unisex but mostly for stretch materials - t shirts and track pants etc, no dresses (although I do have a daughter but don't remember dressing her much differently from her older brothers when she was a baby! - dresses just seemed to get in the way of crawling babies). She's 21 now so the memory fades....  I think I used a lot of easy wash fabrics in cute designs.

Offline pinkus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 09:15:24 am »
I am not really ofay with stretch materials yet, I have just made up a few very easy pinafores in cotton fabrics, but they are super easy and this has given me some confidence to try something a bit different.  Not sure about the stretch material though..... :'(

Bonsai

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 02:18:06 pm »
Sewing with stretch materials (t shirts, track suiting) is super easy as it doesn't fray and you don't have to finish off the seams. If you have an over locker then it's even easier. I made heaps of t shirts, grow suits, track pants and jumpers for my kids when they were little. That type of fabric is cheap and really easy to wash. If you are in Australia then Spotlight stores sell a huge range so it's easy to buy a bit and experiment.